Q-Trains

5 Replies, 7949 Views

Ok guys, well I know these are not actually PlaRail Advance, but they are at least Tomy Takara PlaRail and they are minute, I mean really small, yet at the same time are not only motorised but also remote control - which makes them Advanced IMHO Big Grin

Anyway, I present for your delectation my latest aquisition 5 Tomy Takara RC Choro-Q-Trains, to say these are a feat of engineering is an understatement. They are three car trains, yet the total length of the three cars is about the same as a single Advance carriage or loco (see last photo for size comparisons). Detail is totally stunning, although until I un-box them this won't be immediately obvious, although the pics below do give you an idea.

These marvellous little trains are also remote control offering forward/backward/right/left, the controller takes 2 AAA batteries, the trains themselves 3 x LR44 button cells (to give you some idea of how small these are). If they can be run on track I can't tell you yet as they only just arrived, but I will try them to see if they run a-la-advance, but even if they don't I think they are way cool Smile

If you're wondering these are 2009 releases and I got them as a bundle (brand new/sealed) from a seller in South Korea off eBay. As far as I know I'm only missing QT-03 to complete the set, so a good start!!!

Anyway without further ado here's the pics;

[Image: QT-01.jpg]

[Image: QT-02.jpg]

[Image: QT-04.jpg]

[Image: QT-05.jpg]

[Image: QT-06.jpg]

[Image: QT-Size%20Comparison.jpg]
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • ripley802
very nice!! do they have tracks, or just run on a table?
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
Get them unboxed and give us a video of them running, they look great!
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2015, 09:06 PM by Tramp.)
I believe they are R/C. They may fit on Plarail Capsule track. I don't own any.
I AM NOT DEAD. Just inactive. 
They are definitely R/C, if they run on any track I really don't know, I'll see if I can get round to trying one out tomorrow after I get back as I need to go out do some stuff Smile
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • sunhuntin
(12-05-2015, 10:49 PM)Nigels Wrote: They are definitely R/C, if they run on any track I really don't know, I'll see if I can get round to trying one out tomorrow after I get back as I need to go out do some stuff Smile

3 cars equal on advance cars, in theory the train can't run on the regular tracks.