Muddy Poppins YouTube Video's

1104 Replies, 796883 Views

Cream color in the Toy Story Mania Tokyo Disneyland Set
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFFzd71yQB4
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 3 users Like Super's post:
  • Finno, Mister No, MuddyPoppins
I would like a yellow one, but I think all of the colors of the rainbow would be great to have, because they just draw such focus within a layout, that different colors could be used to establish different themed areas or destinations in a very limited space.
Pink Hello Kitty, Black & Orange Halloween, White for Christmas ( a Christmas tree in the center!)...endless possibilities!
Or how about 3 black ones to make the Mickey Mouse logo Super?
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like MuddyPoppins's post:
  • Mister No, Super
Black Mickey sounds cool but wouldn't the red and the green ones together look good for Xmas?
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • Mister No, MuddyPoppins
(10-21-2020, 09:43 AM)Muddy Poppins Wrote: Pink Hello Kitty

My Hello Kitty would love to have a pink U-Turn! Big Grin

[Image: IMG-20200216-020012.jpg]
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 3 users Like Mister No's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super, Tharazero1
[Image: saying-hi-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Hi Tully

Tully’s Complete PLARAIL TWINS Fun Run

PLARAIL 2020 Thomas (New Face!) & Wobbly Bridge set
  • Mister No, Tharazero1
Surprised at how smashed up an Amazon box arrived in. This Thomas is actually pretty cute. The clicking of the eyes when they move isn't as annoying as I thought it would be. The voice is pretty loud in the video, is he that way in real life or is it just a good microphone on your camera? I would love to add one of these animated Thomas engines to the Future World Collection but because he is only available in Japanese I won't be.

BTW Muddy: I believe you need a longer screwdriver
Tongue

NEW! 2020 PLARAIL
Talking Thomas (w/roving eyes) Sodor Island starter set
  • Mister No, Tharazero1
I can’t believe it either Super...The box was totally mangled.
Thankfully the contents survived.
The Thomas is actually awesome. I love it!!
I thought that it would be kind of gimmicky and not much different than the Tekoro moving eyes version, but it is solid and quite up to Tomy standards (the tender too) and so much more than I was expecting. It’s loud, and an intricate little machine. I haven’t played with it much, but it doesn’t seem to behave like a normal tender driven engine, and runs really steady for some reason.
The eyes made me gasp and laugh out loud when I first turned it on, because I wasn’t ready for Thomas literally coming to life. I had to run inside to show my wife because it’s just so neat.
I know that you’re currently boycotting Japan because of shipping delays, but Amazon.jp seems to be running back at full speed and has delivered each of the last two packages to me from ordering, to my mailbox, in under 4 days.

Oh yeah that screwdriver is my favorite #1!!
Its a regular head, but it’s really long and thin, yet rigid, and perfectly fits into, and torques those tiny Phillips screws open with ease. Smile
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like MuddyPoppins's post:
  • Mister No, Super
I am not liking the fact that it looks like Plarail does not paint or attach the graphics in the factory. Imaging a young child who is thrilled and excited to get this Thomas and when he goes to add the stickers screws up and it folds,creases or is crooked. Image the disappointment that every time he sees the train his bubble bursts. No, I don't like the idea at all. Dodgy

Not really boycotting shipping but just won't buy from anywhere, in these times, that i don't know ahead of time that they only offers the slow shipping because of Japan Post and the US Postal Service not offering the fast methods.
[-] The following 3 users Like Super's post:
  • Mister No, MuddyPoppins, Tharazero1
Now I'm even more assured that I don't like it... Sad

I see three problems here:

(1) The colour of that powered truck (or wagon or tender) is just not my cup of tea. It's not only the bright green, it's the light brown (or orange, or whatever) top of the car too. What is that on that car? Luggage? Boxes?  It looks like it's melted with the rest of the light brown coloured surface. Not good. 

I noticed many toy manufacturers using very bright colours lately, it's obviously a trend. Bright colour catches the attention of the child. But in the same time the bright coloured item takes all the attention from the main object - in this case Thomas!! First I see the truck, then I see Thomas. Not good. Using such a colour in this case is sort of distraction. But that's just my opinion.

They are doing the "let's-make-very-bright-trucks-and-gain-attention" thing for quite some time now. Ryan's bright orange truck, New Edward's bright yellow wagon, etc. Don't get me wrong, I like colours. In the matter of fact, colours are one of the distinctive things when it comes to Plarail. I like Plarail colours a lot! Well up until recently...

It would be much better if they made this Thomas with powered Annie  and unpowered Clarabel. Annie & Clarabel would be a logical choice for Thomas' train. And what would you couple with that brightly coloured truck? Only a circus train comes to my mind. 

(2) Thomas has stickers that a buyer should put on?? I really didn't expect that of Tomy. Why they came up with stickers on the sides at all? To my recollection, there were no stickers on Thomas' sides on any recent Tomy Thomas release, so that's a regression, a decline. 

(3) As for the station (the half of it, to be precise!), we already expressed our opinions on such stations here on BPT. They are just unacceptable; they are far below Tomy’s production level. This is supposedly a countryside set, so why on earth didn't they just use the regular countryside station, maybe in some new colours? 

All in all, there are too many flaws in my opinion. I vote "Nay".
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister No's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
(12-10-2015, 03:30 AM)Super Wrote: The Vicarage Orchard

About time Muddy had his own YouTube video thread to keep all of them organized. To start off we have his latest video...

The Vicarage Orchard ~ Enoden 1000 Sound Train unboxing & first run

What a remarkable assemblage of structure’s and a long ride through a maze of tracks. Steady hand on the camera gave a nice view.
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2020, 06:02 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chops's post:
  • MuddyPoppins