Muddy Poppins YouTube Video's

1102 Replies, 787311 Views

PLARAIL Original Thomas,
Black James, Angry Gordon & more request runs

Hey Muddy...curious about these trees you have all over the Layout. Are they rubber?
Might I ask where they came from, they are neat and I love trees and landscapings.

Hi Tully Smile

[Image: Uwwntitled.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 3 users Like Super's post:
  • Mister No, MuddyPoppins, Tharazero1
Yes Super the trees are made from a rubbery plasticky resiny substance, and used to be sold at Michael’s.
The brand is called TOOB, and though Michael’s still carries their wide assortment of various themed tubes of dinosaurs, undersea creatures, knights and dragons, etc., they have stopped carrying the trees for some reason.
The only place anywhere that I have found them now is on eBay.
[Image: 3352147-A-5182-4-BEB-BA16-F6-F5-C0905-A35.jpg]

[Image: A094-BD4-E-103-E-46-C7-8264-15-C97-DFF2-B8-A.jpg]
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 4 users Like MuddyPoppins's post:
  • chrisjo, Mister No, Super, Tharazero1
Really nice trees! Smile 
Thanks, Muddy!
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 2 users Like Mister No's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
Thanks Muddy

Apparently Amazon will re-stock them in mid February. The Toob's own web site has them too but the are more expensive and add shipping unless you spend more than $50. I did pick one up from an Ebay seller that I made an offer to so I can see them first hand when they get here.
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • Mister No, MuddyPoppins
Ugh! And now I watched closely, and now I really think those trees would look great over here on my layout too! Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Mister No's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
Man, I hate to hear that the Safari Toob trees aren’t available at Michael’s any more. I’d been meaning to pick up some but I’ve only been in Michael’s a couple times this year and didn’t see the tree Toobs.

My sister gave my son and me a bag of those green flocked trees you see on Amazon and eBay. I’ll give those a try on our post-Christmas loop layout, although I’m pretty they’ll shed green fibers everywhere.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Off The Rails's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
@ Super...Hopefully you get the good ones.
Please be sure to share with us what you get.
The last batch that I got was not nearly the same quality as the others before.
Originally the foliage of the trees was made from very rich colored plastic, but in the last batch the colors were just painted on and dull.
[Image: 39-F81181-C63-F-4-F78-BF03-5-C7-AE3506718.jpg]
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like MuddyPoppins's post:
  • Mister No, Super
Good to know Muddy. I assume the ones on the left are the good ones with the green grass? The pictures from the seller I bought from shows the green grass ones but I think they are Stock Photos from the manufacturer. I should be here soon, I hope. I will let you all know which ones they are.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
Noob trees finally arrived. I am not sure which ones I got since half have green grass bases and the other half only the brown. Muddy, what do you think? They are pretty neat. The only drawback I can see is that they have such small bases that if your Layout was on a table then they seem like they would easily fall over if the table is bumped.

[Image: DSCN0826.jpg]

[Image: DSCN0829.jpg]
[-] The following 3 users Like Super's post:
  • Mister No, MuddyPoppins, Off The Rails
I think they look just fine! Smile
I suppose there is a way to fix them to the layout, even if their bases are small...
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister No's post:
  • MuddyPoppins