Muddy Poppins YouTube Video's

1102 Replies, 786913 Views

I’m sure that the D51 & C58 were part of the same campaign of the lucky draw, and go together as a set.
I didn’t know much about them at the time, so I thought that they were both motorized, but the C58 also had a front hook, so I am assuming now that it was a sound car too.
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like MuddyPoppins's post:
  • Finno, Super
My eyes are now set on the D-51 & C-58 clear set for ya Muddy.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
I had totally missed the Christmas Day snowplow train run! I wish I’d watched it on Christmas because it would have definitely been a bright spot in what was otherwise an oddly tense holiday season.

On the subject of the D51-C58 double header, was there a regular release of this set? I have a vague recollection of having seen them in standard black plastic but I may be confusing that with another set.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Off The Rails's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
Sorry I’m not sure OTR, the clear version auction was quite some time ago..
I just remember that the D-51 was awesomely unique, and that I wanted it bad!Smile
What’s weird about winning these was that I was in the shower, and out of the blue, I started thinking about losing that past set and feeling like it was a real loss, because I’d probably would never see another one again, but when I finished and checked my phone, I found the message from Super that he had found them!! 
Also, don’t sweat the holidays too much or feel bad about family tensions this time of year. 
The holiday season is notoriously stressful for lots of people for lots of different reasons, and though it can be not so fun when you feel it, it’s pretty normal. 
CHEERS to 2020 & HAPPY NEW YEAR!
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2020, 03:24 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 3 users Like MuddyPoppins's post:
  • Finno, Off The Rails, Super
(12-31-2019, 08:12 PM)Muddy Poppins Wrote: Also, don’t sweat the holidays too much or feel bad about family tensions this time of year. 
The holiday season is notoriously stressful for lots of people for lots of different reasons, and though it can be not so fun when you feel it, it’s pretty normal. 
CHEERS to 2020 & HAPPY NEW YEAR!
It was less holiday stress and more a bunch of stressful situations coming together about a week before Christmas. It’s way too off topic and somewhat personal for me to cloud your thread but there’s a potential at least for some things to improve as a result of this. I appreciate the pep talk and I get quite a bit of enjoyment from watching toy train videos that you and others post. So, thanks and Happy New Year!
[-] The following 2 users Like Off The Rails's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
The Vicarage Orchard ~ Happy New Year 2020!!

[-] The following 3 users Like Super's post:
  • Mister No, mod thana, Off The Rails
[Image: happy-clap.gif] AWESOME...YOU GOT IT! [Image: happy-clap.gif]
Wow...just look how perfect the box is for something so old and precious. Looks like it was stored in a clear plastic wrap.
I don't suppose you will be breaking the seal to look inside and add to the Layout...will you?
I am gobsmacked of the perfect condition this is in. Great find Muddy and a great addition to the Plarail wing of your collection.

Vintage PLARAIL Narita Airport Set BNIB!!

[-] The following 5 users Like Super's post:
  • Finno, Mister No, mod thana, MuddyPoppins, violater
Thank you Super!Smile
Yes...I too am amazed at its condition.
It is still in its original cellophane wrap!!
I had hoped to add it to the layout, but I guess I will have to keep looking for a used set, because finding one so pristine is just too rare to ruin.
The Vicarage Orchard ~ Fun Run

Is that a black Thomas or some other custom character?

The Vicarage Orchard ~ Fun Run pt.2