[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • chrisjo, Mister No
2021 PLARAIL/TOMY Thomas Doki Doki Mountain set DX
(Unboxing & Comparison)

• chrisjo, Mister No
I learn something new every day; my Oliver is a 1998 Oliver (I remember when I bought it in the late nineties) and I thought it was the only Oliver that exists! He was very valuable to me then, because he comes with passenger cars, and I like passenger trains... However, he proved bad on the newer Plarail double switches, where he sometimes derails, despite the fact that I added weight to him in the front.

As far as I know, the term "Dokidoki" (throb, pounding) is an onomatopoeia of the heartbeat (so in English it would be something like: "Thump-Thump Mountain"), which obviously points to the danger of crossing such a mountain...

As for the new Dokidoki DX mountain, it is not a mountain in the first place, but a construction made of four panels.. It looks like something coming from Fisher-Price's TrackMaster production. In addition to no longer resembling a mountain, the problem is that the steep descent must be connected to the rail at the top of the “mountain” because the rail connectors are specific. One cannot, say, continue with a raised track so that the train descends from another mountain. Earlier, the Dokidoki Mountains (there were several releases) allowed the train to ascend one and descend the other using two mountains. In this way, an insanely steep slope is avoided, so such a solution allows all Plarail trains to run on these elements. This new "mountain" (without rail modifications) does not allow such a thing, and thus limits creativity in layout design. The overall look of the Dokidoki DX panel is really nothing special.

In addition to allowing trains to run in only one direction, the new "mountain" also has a "guragura" (wobbling) rail, but since it is an ascending rail, the train does not look like it is swinging, but as if the locomotive simply has technical difficulties in climbing the mountain.
And finally, the Thomas you get in this set is completely naked! [Image: emoji_u1f631.png]
You have to stick all the stickers on the naked Thomas yourself!
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 2 users Like Mister No's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
The Vicarage Orchard ~
PLARAIL Thomas Birthday request run

[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Mister No
The Vicarage Orchard 
PLARAIL Thomas FUN RUN