"Special" Trackmaster Stephen found!

6 Replies, 14871 Views

Hi Guys I was browsing ebay and found this gem and fought off several bidders to make sure I secured it and would not end up in someones toybox, why? you may ask well I'll let the photos do the talking.

This is Trackmasters own publicity photo before release, different to the one that went on sale to the public
[Image: 1000px-TrackMasterFisher-PriceStephenTheRocket.jpg]

This is the Retail version, single lamp, black funnel, wooden looking buffer beam.
[Image: 2013-NEW-Thomas-Friends-Trackmaster-STEP...AL-BOX.jpg]

This is the one I bought... The plot thickens, it looks suspiciously like the prototype from the publicity shot. Could this be one of a handful of hand made hand painted prototypes?
[Image: _57dddd.jpg]

More photos when it arrives and an in depth analysis haha. I am assured by the seller that the one pictured above is what I will receive, it has no markings underneath whatsoever but all the parts look correct.
Nice find. You must have a keen eye to spot that on Ebay. Like the ornate crown funnel. Was it just the engine? Did you ask the seller after you won the auction where he may have got it and the story behind it? How was it listed?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
I asked the seller, waiting to see if I get a reply haha.

Anyhow I have the Stephen here! there appears to be hand tool finishing marks underneath from a dremel or similar rotary tool. A very interesting piece and all appears to be correct and legitimate, if this is a counterfeit or copy then it is the absolute best I have ever seen. There is matte black overspray inside the rear of the shell which leads me to believe this was painted (very well) by hand rather than on the production line.
I would be interested in what he says if he replies.
nice one, chris.
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
Dear ucwepn,

Hi,
We got it from our supplier, frankly speaking we have no idea if it was a special hand made prototype, we just make sure it was original, maybe I can ask
them next time.
Thanks very much and have a nice day!
Cheers.
Thanks for the update Ucwepn.

Wonder who his supplier is? Hmmm... [Image: pondering-and-thinking-smiley-emoticon.gif]