TS-03 Henry no longer being manufactured?

7 Replies, 8109 Views

I've been working to acquire the Plarail versions of the original steam team new-in-box and the remaining two I was after were TS-06 (Percy) and TS-03 (Henry). I've acquired the rest for decent prices via Yahoo Japan auctions (including pre-redesign James and Gordon - yay!).

So I was about to place an order for these other two from Hobby Search but in the space of a few days between my last check of that website and yesterday I noticed that TS-03 Henry was now unavailable.

I e-mailed them to ask when they thought it might be back in stock and this was their reply:

Quote:Unfortunately we are absolutely out of stock for the item "TS-03 Plarail Henry".
We have checked with our suppliers if they have any spare stock,
but unfortunately they did not have any stock either.

So unless the manufacturer decide to re-release the product,
unfortunately we are unable to provide you the product.

I'm not sure how much to read into this, but if they are correct when they imply that it's no longer manufactured then I wonder if this means there is a refresh (like Gordon this year) coming, or if this is a sign of the predicted end of Plarail Thomas?

Anyway I've ordered a TS-03 Henry via eBay instead, but I thought this was worth sharing with everyone.
[-] The following 2 users Like CapnPolo's post:
  • DalaGStanator, jdogman
Oh my gosh. Henry is my favorite character-besides Oliver-so this is almost the end of the world!!!
I AM NOT DEAD. Just inactive. 
Thanks for discovering this. It looks like Henry will be getting a redesign next year, and it will fit in with my theory that a main tender engine gets redesigned each year. Therefore, perhaps a new Edward for 2017?
[-] The following 1 user Likes jdogman's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
Looks like eBay wins this round. Who knows?
If they were to cancel Henry, just why? He was one of the 7 original engines and had a few whole episodes based on him in the 1st through 10th series. He hauled the flying kipper not once, but at least twice. He made himself stay in a tunnel. He had to use special coal. He had to be rebuilt. Henry is a part of my life. If they actually cancel him, then I only have my 2002 Tomica World Henry.
I AM NOT DEAD. Just inactive. 
Trust me, Henry's fine. Tomy aren't going to be stupid. I'm sure there will be stock later next year or a brand new Henry which feels a lot more likely to me.
I didn't think they'd keep manufacturing the Thomas range after reading Ucwepn's thread.
You can still find many Plarail Thomas engines on Amazon easily. Most of them, but not all, are around 20-25 USD, including Henry. Although, the originals of James and Gordon are around an average of 45 dollars, and discontinued ones like Murdoch and Duck are well over 80-150 dollars. But, on the plus-side, all of them as far as I've seen have free shipping! And that's without Prime.
(12-18-2015, 10:37 AM)CapnPolo Wrote: I've been working to acquire the Plarail versions of the original steam team new-in-box and the remaining two I was after were TS-06 (Percy) and TS-03 (Henry). I've acquired the rest for decent prices via Yahoo Japan auctions (including pre-redesign James and Gordon - yay!).

So I was about to place an order for these other two from Hobby Search but in the space of a few days between my last check of that website and yesterday I noticed that TS-03 Henry was now unavailable.

I e-mailed them to ask when they thought it might be back in stock and this was their reply:

I'm not sure how much to read into this, but if they are correct when they imply that it's no longer manufactured then I wonder if this means there is a refresh (like Gordon this year) coming, or if this is a sign of the predicted end of Plarail Thomas?

Anyway I've ordered a TS-03 Henry via eBay instead, but I thought this was worth sharing with everyone.
EBay still has them
Making Customs, Filming Videos and looking for the purest engines. That's how I roll here on Blue Plastic Tracks.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/TB90Prod2