Today from Japan

46 Replies, 55559 Views

If I had an EF 59 I don't think I could help myself from slipping an led in the light bucket, it looks made for it! The hardest bit would be drilling the hole - I hate doing it! I put up a curtain pole today, damn thing looked straight when I drilled the holes, when it was fitted it was all to cock! And If it the train was rare it would really put the pressure on!
(This post was last modified: 04-11-2014, 08:35 PM by Tramp.)
LOL...I was waiting for you to chime in about a light Tramp. Maybe its not the curtain rod that crooked but the house?

I was thinking that using a small, straight rotary tool bit from inside the EF59's shell could nibble away enough under the headlight bonnet to fit a light perfectly with nothing visible from the outside.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Sounds like a great idea, it will take nerves of steel! I doubt I could do it, too much pressure. I hate it when I ruin good bodies! And chances are i would massacre this one especially if I was trying my hardest to be neat! I imagine a dremel/rotary tool would be the best way to go, the only thing I find is when I cut plastic I get a poor finish to the cut, sometimes it's like I melt my way through rather than cutting!
(This post was last modified: 04-11-2014, 10:28 PM by Tramp.)
Do you have speeds on your rotary tool? Sounds like you make be going too fast and maybe using a too aggressive bit. I like using a slow speed with a finer bit. An Exacto knife works good to clean up any extra dangling plastic along with a super fine bit for smoothing the rough edges.
(04-11-2014, 08:34 PM)Tramp Wrote: If I had an EF 59 I don't think I could help myself from slipping an led in the light bucket, it looks made for it! The hardest bit would be drilling the hole - I hate doing it! I put up a curtain pole today, damn thing looked straight when I drilled the holes, when it was fitted it was all to cock! And If it the train was rare it would really put the pressure o

[quote='Super' pid='496' dateline='1397246520']
Are you saying the picture above that I posted is a repaint, resticker of an EF15 to make it look like an EF59? Here is the link to were I saw this EF59 for sale And thanks for the real photo of the EF59, its much bigger than I thought and what do they use such a big deck out front for?

I can't say for sure but I thought it was this engine Sunhuntin was referring to as a toddler toy...

[Image: DSCN2420_zpsa591e754.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2014, 03:29 AM by Gerisplarail1.)
Thanks for the information Gerisplarail1

I do prefer how the Tomy EF59 looks compared to the EF15 by a lot

[Image: Unteeeitled_zpse9084813.jpg]
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
yes, thats the one i like. the pokemon train is cute, but that event one appeals to me greatly.
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[quote='sunhuntin' pid='514' dateline='1397278462']
yes, thats the one i like. the pokemon train is cute, but that event one appeals to me greatly.
[/quot
I actually have seen a YouTube video of one of those Tomy exhibitions in Japan and watched the kids fishing for free engines and rolling stock. They must have had a time limit and everything you caught, you kept. One young fellow was reeling them in one after another. No need to say he had a big smile on his face.