this weeks finds and buys

27 Replies, 37679 Views

had a decent week train wise, but a bad week personally. one of my cats died suddenly on monday. blackie was off color on saturday, still purring, just not running like a maniac. on sunday, he was worse. we got him to the vet on monday and he died in the afternoon.
mum and i went to see him when i got off work. when we were getting ready to go home, and making plans to check on him the next day, he stopped breathing. he had only ever been to the vet once before, when we got him fixed. he wanted to come home with us, one way or another.

blackie was stray who came to us about 2006/2007. once we got him fixed, he never wandered far and was by far the most affectionate of our cats. i used to put his head on my shoulder and he would curl his back into my neck. he also used to slither down my back, stand on my belt and then flop against my back. blackie would stay like that all day if you let him.
this is blackie before we got him fixed. this was the first good photo i could get. he always sat like a prince, usually front paws crossed at the ankles.
[Image: blackie.jpg]

anyways, on to the show and tell i guess.

got this lot today from a salvation army store for $15. all the track and most of the rest was in a box for $12, and then the assorted thomas' were in another bag for $3. havent tested the engines yet, and the cover for the t1 is missing, as is the thomas cover. the percy cover was in the $3 bag.
[Image: salvationarmylot.jpg]

i won the next 2 lots for $100 online this morning
lot one:
[Image: 311477551.jpg]
[Image: 311477726.jpg]

lot two:
[Image: 311476238.jpg]
[Image: 311476383.jpg]

also got this for $50, and working on a side deal with the seller. it was sold as a mt fuji set, and she has another 2 engines she wants to sell plus some plarail books. a friend of hers also has trains to sell that i might buy.
[Image: mtfujiset.jpg]

will post better photos of the last 3 lots when they arrive. am yet to pay for any of them.
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
You must be having a ball with all the new items you have to play around with Sunhuntin. Wish I found treasures like that at the Salvation Army store by me but then again I guess I won't find anything if I don't go in. LOL
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
will be eventually, super. thats the first time i remember finding anything tomy at the salvation army, and the first time in ages ive found anything decent at any of the local op shops.
found some at a weekend market last week, but the seller wanted $30 and one of the long vintage hill tracks was snapped in half. not worth buying.
one lot has arrived. these are from the friend of the seller with the mt fuji set. they all work and are in decent shape. was surprised to get 2 with the retractable magentic couplers. the photo i bought these from was basically a thumbnail. this lot cost $47NZD.

[Image: auckland401.jpg]

[Image: auckland402.jpg]

[Image: auckland404.jpg]

[Image: auckland407.jpg]

[Image: auckland4013.jpg]

[Image: auckland4019.jpg]

and two little choro q toys, hehe

[Image: auckland4025.jpg]

[Image: auckland4029.jpg]
We have a cat Like that Ucwepn has a photo i think
No luck in my area salvation army Sad
Evan Almighty and His Train Collection
[Image: banner12.jpg]
hsvdude... good to know he has a twin out there.

actionchugger... no luck at mine today either. both the engines in my last salvation army lot are only good for parts. the purple one needs a new axle and the other was the worst ive ever seen for fluff and grit. looked like someone had used it in the sandpit, lol. wont even bother reusing it, but will take the motor i think.

the mt fuji lot arrived today.

as unpacked from the box.
[Image: mtfujibulkbuy21.jpg]

n700
[Image: mtfujicombo22.jpg]

d51
[Image: d51.jpg]

d51 200
[Image: d51200.jpg]

mt fuji. missing plakids, trees and a step riser in the middle of the bridge.
[Image: mtfuji23.jpg]

plarail dr yellow tin
[Image: dryellowtin.jpg]

red book
[Image: redbook1.jpg]

yellow book
[Image: yellowbook1.jpg]

they are like board books. wish i could read them. more photos here: http://sunsthomasandfriends.weebly.com/t...ndise.html
Boy, the fun never stops at the Sunhuntin house. Nice additions. I am curious as I have seen those hidden, retractable magnetic coupler trains before and wonder if they are designed after something real with nose cone that opens. Good job
[Image: good-job-smiley-emoticon.gif]

I have a Mt. Fuji set coming also but the one I picked up very cheaply does not include that nice looking long train. I did buy it because we need 2 more blue girder bridges and the Pla-kids that come with it including the girl pushing the shopping cart. We may also use the Mt Fuji model in the middle of the red U-turn circle if it fits and my Grandson gives it the OK.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
thanks, super.
mt fuji should fit the red circle almost perfectly. might be a bit snug in places as the base isnt a perfect circle. i have to take all mine up in the ceiling with the rest and have a red circle sitting out, so will give it a try.
as for the trains, i think they are based on real life, but how close i dont know. gerisplarail is very on to it with japanese trains and might know the answer.

any chance of the link or pic of your mt fuji set? especially interested in the plakids.
I love the d51's you have there especially the old one, a great find, how does it run? My sons favourite train is the old 'c12' we have, I got it second hand and it looked like it had lots of use. It still gets lots and I'm surprised how well it holds up, the amount of times I've picked it up from the skirting board where it has been sat stalled! And after all the neglect it gets, it still has a quiet drive unit and requires no maintenance!
(This post was last modified: 04-20-2014, 06:26 AM by Tramp.)