Hebrew Speaking 12" Bob the Builder (Learning Curve)

2 Replies, 5140 Views

This is what I was referring to back in those threads in relation to non-English versions of talking Plarail/TrackMaster Thomas characters. You may have seen quite a few mentions of it now, and I think now's the time for a demonstration of it.

I got it way back in around 2006, from a toy store at Bilu Junction whose name I've long forgotten (it wasn't Toys R Us nor The Red Pirate). It's bound to have become very rare and/or hard to find since I don't know if it was ever common to "dub" toys into Hebrew while selling them in Israel. I've seen a few others who have run into it before, including in a YouTube video where someone threw a bottle at it. It could've been among a minority of toys that have had their soundchips localized. Like the original version, it dances and speaks three phrases (voiced by Dan Shatzberg, who voiced Bob [and Lofty] in the Hebrew version of the series). However, instead of "Hey, Now, You're a Builder" (Based on "All Star"), it plays the actual Bob the Builder theme (albeit in Hebrew).

I'm proud that mine is still in my possession.
I remember the times of Bob The Builder. Looking at the talking Bob I see there was also a Talking Wendy in the same size, did you also have a Wendy speaking in Hebrew?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • DalaGStanator
(03-09-2016, 04:23 PM)Super Wrote: I remember the times of Bob The Builder. Looking at the talking Bob I see there was also a Talking Wendy in the same size, did you also have a Wendy speaking in Hebrew?

There was no accompanying Wendy (only Bob was made). This style is made of plastic with fabric for his overalls and shirt, as well as a stripe on the back of his toolbelt, and has joints and motors for the dancing action. It is also poseable, with nice, strong joints that lock into position. The hammer is permanently attached to his left hand. As shown in the video, it takes four AA batteries (two underneath each shoe, with the on-off switch being located on the bottom of his left one). One battery cover, as well as both screws, are missing. The licensing info says it's from 2005, which would've been around the time of Project: Build It.
[-] The following 2 users Like DalaGStanator's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super