Narrow Gauge Railways...

7 Replies, 9911 Views

Hi Guys,

I was digging through some old pics the other day and came across some I took on a narrow gauge railway when holidaying in Wales a couple of years ago. Some of the loco's were quite interesting if only small ones, but thought I'd share them with you Smile

In no particular order;

[Image: DSC_0339.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0337.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0498.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0502.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0227.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0497.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0495.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0335.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0336.jpg]
[Image: DSC_0330.jpg]
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • ActionChugger
Ahh, I've always loved photography of narrow gauge engines the best. They always just seem so pretty, and I love the fact that so many still are working today. I've been planning on going to the Talyllyn for some time now, but my parents don't really want to go to Wales.
The locomotive in the last and third-to-last photos is Luke's basis!
Creator of upcoming series "Sudrian Tales"
Amateur voice actor
Still haven't painted FFF's Daisy lol sorry my guy (i promise I'll get that airbrush kit soon)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Miksolo's post:
  • Super
Great photos, it's always good to see steam in action!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tramp's post:
  • Super
Those are awesome, I like everyone of them. Particularly the Prince of Wales where his water tanks are bigger than his boiler. Thanks for sharing these. such beautifully restored and taken care of engines. I got a chuckle from what looks like the engineer napping on the Great Western.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
I thought some of them might ignite some ideas for people here wanting to do some customs, after all these are very similar to some of the Thomas range once de-faced of course (super Wink).

I'll have to dig out some of my other locomotive pictures, I have some from the York museum, Doncaster works, Bluebell Railway and various other bits and bobs.
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
CUSTOMS LIST:
Prince of Wales, GWR #8=Fearless Freddy (The easiest one, just a repaint)
The grey one=Luke (Another repaint, cab height change)
The diesel=Dart+Diesel's chassis (Possibly the hardest one to customize)
I AM NOT DEAD. Just inactive. 
[-] The following 1 user Likes ROKMAN1445's post:
  • DalaGStanator
(04-10-2016, 01:30 PM)ROKMAN1445 Wrote: CUSTOMS LIST:
Prince of Wales, GWR #8=Fearless *Freddie (The easiest one, just a repaint)
The grey one=Luke (*Also a repaint, cab height change)
The diesel=Dart+Diesel's chassis (Possibly the hardest one to customize)

Dare say you wouldn't really need a Class 08 chassis for the last one. You could just make those frames for Dart's sides and it would look just right.
(04-10-2016, 05:17 PM)DalaGStanator Wrote: Dare say you wouldn't really need a Class 08 chassis for the last one. You could just make those frames for Dart's sides and it would look just right.

Ah. Good point. I only made the list to motivate you all. I have no current intention to make any of these.
I AM NOT DEAD. Just inactive.