Takara PlaRail (Pocket Trains) Information

31 Replies, 42153 Views

Start eating ramen noodles every day for a month you should have enough money.

On a serious note, it looks like this series not available on eBay
They are available on eBay occassionally, in fact the first couple of lots I got were off eBay - the first was a stunning bundle of all brand new trains, scenery and track which I picked up for a song. Ironically it was that initial batch that caused me to find BPT in the first place lol!!

Since then I picked up a few more trains off eBay mainly from sellers in Hong Kong for very reasonable amounts ~<£5 each (and all new Smile)

But I've now got impatient so have delved into the shady and dangerous world of the Japanese auctions, again they are a minority product but they do appear from time to time Smile

But who knows with me promoting them maybe more will be dusted off from lofts etc... and start popping up...
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
Rokman, in case you're interested I posted some links to Takara gear in the trading forum Wink
(04-12-2016, 03:28 PM)leylandvictory2 Wrote: Start eating ramen noodles every day for a month you should have enough money.

On a serious note, it looks like this series not available on eBay

Lol that's a good tip, and you have to look and refine your search and repeat. It's a hard-knock search for me.

(04-12-2016, 07:44 PM)Nigels Wrote: Rokman, in case you're interested I posted some links to Takara gear in the trading forum Wink
Thanks. I will take a look.
I AM NOT DEAD. Just inactive. 
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2016, 08:49 PM by ROKMAN1445.)
(04-12-2016, 08:49 PM)ROKMAN1445 Wrote: It's a hard-knock search for me.

That sounds like a song from the musical "Annie" Big Grin
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
It was. I meant to put that in there.
I AM NOT DEAD. Just inactive. 
No please, not musicals as well lol!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
Ok, well this isn't strictly speaking Takara PlaRail, but it is related/useful information. Today I received a package from Japan (a standard eBay auction this time) containing some bits and pieces from the Diaso Petit Train range. I've been interested in these for a bit but haven't seen any in the flesh, but when I saw some come up really cheap on eBay decided to buy a few scenery items - my primary target was a train station - with a view to using them with the Takara PlaRail as they seem to be about the same scale.

Well the good news is it seems they are, one of the items I bought were some track supports/pillars, partly because I don't have many of the Takara (yellow) ones, partly because I prefer grey ones anyway to go with the grey track. I've got a few pics below which show what these pillars look like along with them supporting a piece of Takara PlaRail track which fits just like a glove Big Grin

Next step will be to get some Diaso track and a loco to see if they are compatible with Takara. If they are it could get very interesting Smile

[Image: DSC_0556_1.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0557_1.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0558.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0559.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0560.jpg]
Wow, they look like they were made for the Takara track. Can they still be stacked and does a train fit underneath on the Takara track without touching?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Indeed they do Super, I'm hoping the trains will run on the Takara track and vice-a-versa, if they do then it makes it a lot easier for people to get into the Takara system as you could start with Diaso until you find some Takara.

To answer your question, yes they can be stacked and yes a Takara train would definitely fit underneath them - they also do overhead line gantries, a girder bridge + bridge piers and various other bits and bobs to enhance the Takara system Smile

If you check this eBay listing you'll see half-way down the page a video of the Diaso system in action, apart from slowing a bit on slopes it seems to go quite well Smile

Diaso Listing
(This post was last modified: 04-13-2016, 08:28 PM by Nigels.)