Shipping Costs for Jauce?

13 Replies, 17959 Views

https://www.jauce.com/auction/g175030216
Hey, all. I've been thinking about buying these salt wagons since I saw them yesterday, but I've just been wondering, since I don't have an account, and I can't buy them without Mom's permission, what would be the average shipping cost from Japan to U.S. via Jauce?
Creator of upcoming series "Sudrian Tales"
Amateur voice actor
Still haven't painted FFF's Daisy lol sorry my guy (i promise I'll get that airbrush kit soon)
I would say it would break down like this.
- 800¥ + 8% fee for the auction win.
- Probably around 200 - 400¥ for local shipping
- then there is a bank tranfer fee 300¥ I believe
- finally international shipping. Probably 1000-2000¥

Unless you are planning on adding more to the order it may not be worth it. FromJapan has cheaper fees, but delivery will still cost.

Good luck.
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2020, 09:32 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes ripley802's post:
  • Colinspullips
yeah it will be a few times the cost of the original item just to ship it, it's worth finding a few things you want and buying them all at once. I don't use Jauce for that reason.
Just curious, which service do you use Ucwepn? I too have found Jauce to be pricey. I have a few things waiting on FromJapan, which I am hoping will work out to be cheaper.
(This post was last modified: 04-04-2020, 09:32 PM by Super.)
(04-11-2016, 07:41 PM)ripley802 Wrote: I would say it would break down like this.
- 800¥ + 8% fee for the auction win.
- Probably around 200 - 400¥ for local shipping
- then there is a bank tranfer fee 300¥ I believe
- finally international shipping. Probably 1000-2000¥

Unless you are planning on adding more to the order it may not be worth it. FromJapan has cheaper fees, but delivery will still cost.

Good luck.

What would buying several items at once actually do for me? Is there a certain fee that doesn't change no matter how much anything else is?
Creator of upcoming series "Sudrian Tales"
Amateur voice actor
Still haven't painted FFF's Daisy lol sorry my guy (i promise I'll get that airbrush kit soon)
(04-11-2016, 08:18 PM)Miksolo Wrote: What would buying several items at once actually do for me? Is there a certain fee that doesn't change no matter how much anything else is?

I believe with Jauce it cuts the 800¥ to ¥400 with the the fee but you have win them within 24hrs. With shipping through the thought would be you can get a few more things in the package and shipped with out paying twice. Just depends on the volume you get too.
I usually just buy from ebay, if there's something I really want from Jauce I try and get my bestie to get it for me hehe I don't even have an account.
[-] The following 2 users Like Ucwepn's post:
  • gmeehanfilms, sunhuntin
(04-11-2016, 08:18 PM)Miksolo Wrote: What would buying several items at once actually do for me? Is there a certain fee that doesn't change no matter how much anything else is?
There is base fee regardless the weight and size of your package. Additional items and weight may be better off as the rate is significantly cheaper
Shipping is definitely the killer when buying from Jauce or 'From Japan', at least it is to the UK. You do get benefits of scale if you bundle several auction wins together but even then a lot will depend on what you win. The shipping cost tends to go up with weight and size of the item(s) you win and can sometimes be considerably more than the auction cost + other charges.

So as far as I'm concerned the only things I buy from the japanese auctions are either things I can get anywhere else, are incredibly cheaper than I can get them here and preferably small/light - although invariably something that is good value may not be small or light lol!

But either way expect to pay considerably for items, just a couple of wagons is definitely not worth it I would say unless you get them for next to nothing or you really really need/want the item(s)!!!
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • ripley802
Some time ago just to try it out, I bought three goods wagons from Jauce on a "buy it now" type listing. (they only cost me about £5, although I paid a lot more to have them re-packed and then sent on to me in the UK)
When they arrived I had to pay £15 import tax.
I think this little experiment cost me about a total of about £40 which gave me quite a shock.
On inspection, one of the wagons turned out to have a small chip in a corner of the body and so I put it on ebay - it sold for the starting price of 99p and so the two good models I still have worked out at costing me £20 each.
Needless to say, I hardly buy anything from Jauce, as the all charges, cost way too much for my liking.
I want a lottery win, so I can buy a container load of Plarail and sell it in a shop at a sensible price (say £2 for a goods wagon)
[-] The following 2 users Like plarailfan's post:
  • Nigels, ripley802