Track-cam engine

14 Replies, 15422 Views

I received a mini-cam from a very dear fellow and am in the process of trying to use it...I've managed to upload the first experiment onto Facebook but still scratching my head as to how to upload it here on BPT or YouTube...thought I'd share the little vehicle I constructed to travel the layout withSmile

(04-15-2016, 05:47 AM)Muddy Poppins Wrote: I received a mini-cam from a very dear fellow and am in the process of trying to use it...I've managed to upload the first experiment onto Facebook but still scratching my head as to how to upload it here on BPT or YouTube...thought I'd share the little vehicle I constructed to travel the layout withSmile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Play nice & have fun!!Smile
(This post was last modified: 04-15-2016, 05:48 AM by MuddyPoppins.)
[-] The following 2 users Like MuddyPoppins's post:
  • DalaGStanator, ripley802
Very nice! Was this a Rusty or a power tender from a Murdoch? The orange colour and the camera remind me of my LS-115 quadcopter.

It sort of makes me think of a "surveillance engine" that would be used to monitor a railway (if the camera itself could move too).
I am not familiar with how FaceBook works but what type of video file is it?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
I'm not sure what you mean, but it says .avi sumpin sumpin...lol
You may have to convert that to an .mpeg file I think. Did you get it on your computer?
  • MuddyPoppins
I just upload everything onto YouTube first. If it has a special format, just put it through shotcut or windows movie maker and save it as an HD video.

(04-15-2016, 01:24 PM)DalaGStanator Wrote: Very nice! Was this a Rusty or a power tender from a Murdoch? The orange colour and the camera remind me of my LS-115.

It sort of makes me think of a "surveillance engine" that would be used to monitor a railway (if its camera could move).

It seems to be Rusty. At least with Molly and Spencer, and the ones who have permanently connected tenders, too, the tenders only have buffers on the back, and not the front. It also looks like if he were to use a tender-driven engine's tender, it would require a lot of work to open it that far. the most you need to remove to put in a battery is the coal.
Creator of upcoming series "Sudrian Tales"
Amateur voice actor
Still haven't painted FFF's Daisy lol sorry my guy (i promise I'll get that airbrush kit soon)
(This post was last modified: 04-15-2016, 07:27 PM by Miksolo.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Miksolo's post:
  • DalaGStanator
(04-15-2016, 07:23 PM)Super Wrote: You may have to convert that to an .mpeg file I think. Did you get it on your computer?

Yes it's on my computer, but YouTube stalls out when I click download..Sad weird that Facebook will accept the download but not YT.

(04-15-2016, 05:47 AM)Muddy Poppins Wrote: I received a mini-cam from a very dear fellow and am in the process of trying to use it...I've managed to upload the first experiment onto Facebook but still scratching my head as to how to upload it here on BPT or YouTube...thought I'd share the little vehicle I constructed to travel the layout withSmile

(This post was last modified: 04-16-2016, 05:14 AM by MuddyPoppins.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes MuddyPoppins's post:
  • DalaGStanator

On your computer, right click your video, then click "Properties" What are the last letters/numbers after the dot in the upper box of then window Properties window that appears?

By stalls out do you mean that it takes a long time and stops downloading?
  • MuddyPoppins
(04-16-2016, 06:43 AM)Super Wrote: On your computer, right click your video, then click "Properties" What are the last letters/numbers after the dot in the upper box of then window Properties window that appears?

By stalls out do you mean that it takes a long time and stops downloading?

yes it just never completes the download...i let it sit for hours but it just does not complete the process...same as with BPT...it just sits in limboSad