Osomatsu-san

0 Replies, 2547 Views

Going to assume this is the right place for this, but I may be wrong, but since my posts about video games ended up being moved here, I guess anime counts too?

Anyway, I just wanted to share the fact that I've been ADDICTED to this anime called Osomatsu-san recently. It's a 25-episode series that aired 2015-2016 for the 80th anniversary of the original show's creator's birth. The original show, to my knowledge, was about sextuplets who always got into some kind of stupid trouble, and relied heavily on gags. The kids were all different but had no way to tell each other apart, but in the newer series, they all have different facial expressions and wear different colors.
In the latest series, all of the characters are grown-ups, and while the show is still a comedy, it's mostly all original. Osomatsu, Karamatsu, Choromatsu (my favorite), Jyushimatsu, Ichimatsu (2nd fave), and Todomatsu are faced with the challenges that come with being an adult, including getting a job, which is the most recurring theme.
It may sound a bit boring, but it is very funny and doesn't take itself too seriously at all. Smile The first episode, however, is NOTHING like the rest. About 3/4 of it is just parodying other anime (such as Attack on Titan) to come off as cool and hip.

Has anyone else heard of this show, or anything regarding it? If you want to go and watch it, please share your thoughts!
Creator of upcoming series "Sudrian Tales"
Amateur voice actor
Still haven't painted FFF's Daisy lol sorry my guy (i promise I'll get that airbrush kit soon)