I Wish Tomy Would...!?

149 Replies, 173613 Views

I use to have a few junkers with the metal motors but they have been sold off. Wish I still had one as I am curious if solder sticks to galvanized metal.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • violater
I Wish Tomy Would...

Come up with a model that resembles a Camelback Steam Engine. Such a unique looking engine with the Cab in the middle. I think with the size a shape of the Plarail/Tomy trains this is doable (think original Plarail C-12 with a big Tender). What do you all think???

[Image: LNL-Camelback-Erie.jpg]

[Image: 26fba348e56e3fafa69fb2ec39f65e5f.jpg]
[-] The following 3 users Like Super's post:
  • DalaGStanator, generic_truck_69420, Mister No
I think it is doable, and it would look lovely, but they would probably put at least some fake wheels, due to specific wheel arrangement on that Camelback, and you probably wouldn't like that...
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 2 users Like Mister No's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super
Even though he doesn't have enough big wheels...I was thinking more on the line of Edward including the side rod or just have one set of small wheels at the very front with three big wheels on each side, the middle one possibly being fake, and longer rods.

[Image: ew.jpg]
[-] The following 3 users Like Super's post:
  • DalaGStanator, generic_truck_69420, Mister No
(02-17-2022, 03:12 PM)Mister No Wrote: They would probably put at least some fake wheels, due to specific wheel arrangement on that Camelback, and you probably wouldn't like that...

The one he showed is only a 4-6-0, so it would just have the usual faux middle drivers and front bogie (like on Rebecca and the redesigned Henry, for instance).
[-] The following 1 user Likes DalaGStanator's post:
  • Mister No
I don't see a front truck on either of those 2 engine LaG...so I am not sure what you are referring to?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • DalaGStanator
I wish tomy would Not discontinue engines that are being replaced by a new one. Like red Rosie being replaced by the upcoming Kenji?
mostly Plarail items
[-] The following 2 users Like PerkyHydrAan's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super
[Image: 9-CABCAEA-29-E5-4-AD9-ADEF-B4-F04-DE2-BB19.jpg]

Also, they're both the same class (just that the first image is a model of it).
[-] The following 2 users Like DalaGStanator's post:
  • generic_truck_69420, Super
this thread is nice
I liked tomy ever since I found out about it
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2023, 05:41 PM by Therealblack64YT.)
For me, it would have to be more modern update of the 200 Series Shinkansen, with a more accurate shape and the non see through windows like the more recent 0 series shinkansen. For this particular shape of the 200 series shinkansen, the last time Plarail produced these was in the late 90's with the new 200 series shinkansen

[Image: 1200px-JR-East-Shinkansen-200-renewal.jpg]
[Image: new200.jpg]

and in 2007 with the JR East Shinkansen Anniversary 3 Pack. 

[Image: Shinkansen-200kei-F17.webp]
[Image: JREshinkansen-anniversary.jpg]

Both these are worth quite a bit now considering plarail haven't released any updated versions of these for a while.

(Plarail technically have except that is the pointed nose version, not the more rounded nose like these ones. And that is still pretty dated in terms of its design).

[Image: IMG-1322.jpg]
[Image: 607100416.jpg]

I'd like to see Plarail to remake these to make them seem more accurate and detailed.

I'd also like to see Plarail introduce more into its Real Class line, particularly more detailed versions of many of the shinkansen's they produce, particularly the 0 series shinkansen.

What would you like to see Plarail make next?
(This post was last modified: 08-30-2023, 09:35 PM by Tharazero1.)
[-] The following 2 users Like Tharazero1's post:
  • generic_truck_69420, Therealblack64YT