I Wish Tomy Would...!?

149 Replies, 172478 Views

I can get on board with this idea Super!!!! great thinking I have thought about how nice that would be as well.
i wonder if the man on ebay who makes his own couplers and tomy/trackmaster adapters would be into making these?! never even thought about it before, but its a good idea!
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
I haven't heard from that fellow in quite a while. Wonder why, he seemed so eager to try something new.

Just think how good these caps (in gray) would look on the elevated rail system. They even could have some (or all) with one hole in it to accommodate the pantograph poles. Would clean up the look very nicely and lock down those tracks to the risers too. They could sell them in packs of ten or more. I would buy many for our layout...in gray of course.

Come on Tomy/Plarail...we know you stop by here.... please make these, I know they would be profitable.

[Image: viaduct1.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
theyd need special ones to allow for the bridge sides as well. but it would look awesome!!
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
I Wish Tomy Would...

... have made curved Subway Tunnels (both right & left). If you have ever heard these Tomy/Trackmaster/Plarail trains running through a long subway tunnel you can appreciate the lifelike sounds they make from the wheels to rail (its awesome). We think its awesome and it would be nice to be able to continue tunnels around the layout especially if there is no room for long straightaways. In addition would like them to have made the clear domed tunnels curved (both right & left) to go on top. Or have they already done this and I haven't seen it?

[Image: 0_57_zpsb1106936.jpg][Image: 8a9f0117-2684-47a1-8c0d-5a836a39cbff_zps602336a3.jpg]
I wish TOMY would sell it's "realistic" train sets in the USA. Freight, bullet, steam, passenger, etc, really, I'd take whatever.

I've griped a bit about this before, but if they'd released more sets like what "Power Train" is selling and less sets with silly robot trains and goofy action themes, maybe (though by no means for sure) they'd have been seen as a seller of train sets (rather than just toys) and had more staying power.

(05-17-2014, 12:34 PM)Super Wrote: I Wish Tomy Would...

Make caps for their risers that will cover the ends that show. Would make the top look a lot better and with the "lip" that is already on the lower leg of the 3" risers this will help in "locking down" the track to the riser like it does in the lower levels. Come on Tomy...look, I have done the work for you...now just make the caps

This is a wonderfull idea. In the meantime, I wonder if there is a size of furniture leg foot cap that would fit neatly over the top of these? It'd probably be black rubber rather than matching color plastic, but it would look nicer than the uncovered top. I don't have the necessary dimensions at hand, but perhaps something like this, though they might have to be cut down a bit in height

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-10-Pcs-Black...338cb70ea9

They seem to go for about a buck each, but I'm sure there's some way to get them in bulk.
[-] The following 3 users Like eilif's post:
  • Gerisplarail1, HankAmericanEngine, Super
I see you are a thinker of things Eilif Smile
Maybe a tinker of things...

In the meantime, now thanks to your idea I'm now a bit discontented with the studs showing on the top of my lego-built risers. Perhaps it's time to cover them in LEGO tiles...
I wish Tomy would...

...get back into making a few more Monorail sets and accessories. Seems like its been quite a while since they made any. Wonder why, weren't the sales good?
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • thehsvdude, Trackmaster-Rail-Yard
Probably the price, yeesh those things are expensive now adays
From Thomas To Today's Modern Diesels, They're All A Part Of My Rail-Yard!