French TGV's

4 Replies, 10527 Views

We never thought we would ever be able to aquire Tomy replicas of the French TGV Train à Grande Vitesse (High Speed Train) They are hardly ever seen on Ebay USA and when you do see one they are from the UK and asking quite a lot. Once again, thanks goes out to Yahoo Japan Auctions where the orange TGV is aplenty and at a reasonable cost. The silver/blue TGV is also found there for a tad more but still cheaper than what I had seen on Ebay. Another shoutout goes to Ucwepns YouTube reviews of these too. Now if I can only find another blue/silver middle car or two.

[Image: 006_zps1a574f73.jpg]

[Image: 003_zps628edb19.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
(05-06-2014, 04:21 AM)Super Wrote: Now if I can only find another blue/silver middle car or two.

These are neat additions to your collection. I recently got the Silver version to finish the Euro plarails. Eurostar, Virgin, Silver and Orange TGV's.

The Orange is certainly well priced on Yahoo but I couldn't find the silver at a price I liked. I ended up buying one from eBay.fr for a good price.

I like how the are obviously weighted and feel heavier than most other trains. Gives them a good feel.

Dale.
I wonder if the large weight in the engine was an after thought. It looks to me like these were originally designed to use "C" size battery's but went to using the "AA"s so they had to replace the weight lost. Unless they just used the same drive, chassis & motor from an existing "C" size Shinkansen and converted it to "AA". I switched out the motor when I got the orange one with a Power Dash because we wanted it faster...Mistake...she won't stay on the rails on Hi because she flys around the track. Have to use the low speed as that is perfect. Might just switch it back though.

I have seen the silver TGV being offered from a French Ebay seller. In fact if its the same seller he seems to list a lot of neat stuff.
(05-06-2014, 02:41 PM)Super Wrote: I have seen the silver TGV being offered from a French Ebay seller. In fact if its the same seller he seems to list a lot of neat stuff.

That sounds like Fred who runs one of the Facebook pages. He sells a lot of harder to find stuff on eBay as melmeyr. I bought from another French seller though.

Upgrading the motors has a limit. I've got several trains that won't stay on the rails. Have you seen my 'Drag races video'? :-)

Dale.
(05-07-2014, 01:27 AM)Toys_Trains-Things Wrote: I've got several trains that won't stay on the rails. Have you seen my 'Drag races video'? :-)

You bet I have and i like the track official at the finish line and love the flames and silver smokebox on Hotrod Thomas.