The Strange and Unusual

20 Replies, 20006 Views

If you want Darth Vader's locomotive you can't beat the front car of the Nankai Rapit Smile
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
(04-29-2016, 05:27 PM)Nigels Wrote: If you want Darth Vader's locomotive you can't beat the front car of the Nankai Rapit Smile

Or, if this guy was painted black...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
That is a Nankai Rapit isn't it? Same moulding if nothing else as I recognise some of the detailing on it. Now that is a train I would love to get in N scale as I think it is so cool Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
Just seen this listing, as its one of your odditties, thought I'd share Smile

Plane on the track?
  • Super
That looks like the pictured one in the first post although now I don't know which is the front and which is the rear. I had thought the prop side was the front but looking at your model the other side looks like the front end of an F-Unit.

Is that an HO or N Gauge? It looks so long and the trucks spread so far apart I wonder how it handles a tight curve.
I think it's actually Z gauge if I recall correctly, they have some quite wide curves so could potentially cope with it.

The propellor definitely is at the back, meant to push it along as did some of the turbo-prop planes after the war.

Apparently (if you read the blurb on the auction) the original was a prototype made by an aircraft manufacturer and there was only ever the one made Smile
  • Super
[Image: 15DCs1417KC_zps6aeymbe7.jpg]

The 1934 Union Pacific M-10000
http://streamlinermemories.info/?p=1
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • DalaGStanator
Wow, very nice Smile
  • Super
I loved to look at images of this train when I was little. It was so inspiring. Why not have more today?
I AM NOT DEAD. Just inactive. 
[-] The following 2 users Like ROKMAN1445's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super
Apart from Japan most trains these days are like cars, designed on computer to be aerodynamic and pack as many seats in as possible meaning like cars unless you see the badge you have no idea what it is. There are of course a few exceptions, but very few... Sad