Mattel My Child dolls (1985-1988) Dem rare vintage feels

2 Replies, 3884 Views

Hi all something different (I find these things interesting) is the minister for finance/war's collection of my Mattel child dolls which were only produced from 1985-1988 and never made or reissued since. These things are getting hard to find as they are over 30 years old now and have had bad childhood haircuts, rough play, neglect etc. They are basically a cloth/felt teddy bear body with a felt covered dolls head sitting on a pivot joint. The limbs have those sort of vintage teddy bear joints too which enables them allot of posability and even to stand up alone with shoes on for stability. We have had 3 dolls restored so far by My Child Doll Restorations Melbourne Australia, they have done an amazing job and we are blown away by the results! Big props to Sunhuntin who found us the 2x long haired girls who we are picking up from restoration tomorrow morning Smile We are thrilled with how they turned out.

Big Boss' original childhood doll with it's correct original clothing except for the socks.

The second doll acquired had sagging skin as seen in this pic and needed a facelift

The 3rd doll has had a haircut and needs a full resto (expensive to add hair)

The first doll found by Sunhuntin restored beautifully!

The second doll found by Sunhuntin this one was from a charity store!
[-] The following 3 users Like Ucwepn's post:
  • ActionChugger, sunhuntin, Super
nice little crop there, chris. glad those two girls turned out as nice as they did.

both the ones from me were from thrift shops. the first girl i think was like $3, and the other was $6 in original clothes.
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
We just found another doll with the correct slippers to go with the blue pyjamas haha just need to find the teddy bear and bib now Tongue
[-] The following 3 users Like Ucwepn's post:
  • ActionChugger, Nigels, sunhuntin