Size Comparison between CAPSULE PLARAIL and TAKE N PLAY

4 Replies, 6862 Views

Does anyone have any???
Preferably in centimeters, inches, or millimeters. Inches would be easiest.
I'd like to know how tall a Capsule Plarail engine is from bottom of the wheels to the top of the cab. I ask because I have none, and might need to start a collection if they are smaller than the Take-N-Plays, as I want the minimum gauge engines to be smaller than narrow gauge, and narrow gauge smaller than standard.
At first I was just going to use Take-N-Play narrow gauge engines and scrap the idea of the Arlesdale Railway altogether, until I realized that
A.) Mike, Rex, and Bert are in Capsule Plarail
and
B.) Blue Mountain Quarry has dual-gauge track, so both narrow and standard gauge engines must run on it.
Creator of upcoming series "Sudrian Tales"
Amateur voice actor
Still haven't painted FFF's Daisy lol sorry my guy (i promise I'll get that airbrush kit soon)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Miksolo's post:
  • DalaGStanator
That measurement for a Thomas would be about 1 and 2/10ths inches or 3 cm.
Tops of the funnel and dome are slightly higher than the cab.
However the images on this page show a comparison between a Thomas and a a plain grey Rex, Mike, or Bert engine, and it appears they will quite a bit smaller than normal Capsule Plarail (though presumably still fitting the same track):
http://www.otakuboshi.com/product/3226
[-] The following 2 users Like brtrainz's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super
Bear in mind the Capsule trains have their own range of track and accessories, I don't believe they run on the standard blue rails/trackmaster/revolution track...
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
(05-16-2016, 07:21 PM)Nigels Wrote: Bear in mind the Capsule trains have their own range of track and accessories, I don't believe they run on the standard blue rails/trackmaster/revolution track...

I'm aware. Although, tt's very unlikely I'll actually end up needing to cross minimum and standard gauge. It's Take-N-Play I'll have to worry about now, but since (or so I've heard) Capsule Plarail is quite expensive when you want specific items, or need to make a whole layout or several layouts, I may just use Plarail for both narrow and standard gauge, and Take-N-Play for the Arlesdale.

I am very tempted to spend the extra time and money just to have them all different sizes now, however.. The Arlesdale engines in Capsule Plarail form would be almost twice as small as Take-N-Play Skarloey engines!
Creator of upcoming series "Sudrian Tales"
Amateur voice actor
Still haven't painted FFF's Daisy lol sorry my guy (i promise I'll get that airbrush kit soon)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Miksolo's post:
  • Super
That prototype Arlesdale engine looks to be a different gauge to the regular Capsule Plarails. It's not Plarail Advance gauge, but still smaller than normal.