Gmeehanfilms' Repainting and Mods

11 Replies, 14151 Views

Hey everyone at BluePlasticTracks!
Thanks for all the tips you've given me! I will repaint the black striping on the tender with a ruler this time, as last time I forgot. I might also use masking tape as you guys said it helps to protect the parts that aren't to be painted.
I unscrewed the engine from the four screws holding it down, then lifted that up and unscrewed a fifth screw that released the bottom part of James, meaning i wasn't in any risk of painting the wheel archers/splashers!
Once again, thanks for all the help! As this is my second time painting an engine (first time was Thomas, who I still need to drill cab windows out for), it is always helpful to talk with people who can give me pointers!
[-] The following 2 users Like gmeehanfilms's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Ucwepn
(06-04-2016, 08:39 PM)gmeehanfilms Wrote: Hey everyone at BluePlasticTracks!
Thanks for all the tips you've given me! I will repaint the black striping on the tender with a ruler this time, as last time I forgot. I might also use masking tape as you guys said it helps to protect the parts that aren't to be painted.
I unscrewed the engine from the four screws holding it down, then lifted that up and unscrewed a fifth screw that released the bottom part of James, meaning i wasn't in any risk of painting the wheel archers/splashers!
Once again, thanks for all the help! As this is my second time painting an engine (first time was Thomas, who I still need to drill cab windows out for), it is always helpful to talk with people who can give me pointers!

May I ask, but what kind of paint did you use for the running board?