Tomy Battroborg Robots...

3 Replies, 6275 Views

Do any of you remember the old world robot boxers, you know the ones with the handles with buttons that made them punch and which if you timed it right or just bashed the buttons quick enough you'd knock the head of the opponent robot up?

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRO7EYlat3zkXhf5JfUnyA...xBRc_Fn_fw]

Well it seems Tomy has updated the idea introducing the new Battroborg's

These work on a similar principal except they are 2.4ghz radio controlled using nunchuck type controllers which you flick forward to punch left or right and move forward. The controllers also act as chargers for the Battroborg on-board rechargeable battery taking up to 20min for a full charge which is claimed to get up to 20min play.

The robots are dynamically paired to a controller using a turn on process (dead simple) and then once up and running have 5 lives for each robot indicated by an LED on their backs which change colour as they are lost.

Overall I think these are well cool, I picked one up in a store last monday in Brighton as a sale item £7.50 for a complete set (normal price £29.99), this contains a controller, one robot, stand-up practice target and some decals to customise the robot. These packages come with random robots in different colours.

There are also dual robot packs with two controllers, two robots and a boxing ring - although of course there's nothing to stop you running more than two robots at once so overall a great improvement on the original idea. At the moment these are on sale at Amazon.co.uk for £11.74 reduced from £69.99 they also have the single robot sets for about £13 each.

[Image: 61pPJhc90eL.jpg]

Other similar products in the range include two Teenage Mutant Turtle sets and some 'samurai' vs 'ninja' type sets all at various prices.

[Image: battroborg-tmnt-hero.png]
[Image: battroborg1.jpg]
[Image: battroborg-warrior-10.jpg]

Anyway if anyone wants it here's the link to the amazon.co.uk Dual Robot Set
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
Cool!
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
I have been wanting some of these haha
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ucwepn's post:
  • Super
(06-10-2016, 08:51 PM)Ucwepn Wrote: I have been wanting some of these haha

They are well cool bud - fill your boots lol!!
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin