Schmid members = First adult TTTE fans?

6 Replies, 6804 Views

I know they made several Thomas and Shining Time Station collectibles, a few of which played renditions of themes which were seldom known at the time they were released. That, however, is the reason why I started this thread. Is it possible that the company members who made these collectibles were the world's first group of adult fans of TTTE, long before SiF, the YouTube fans and the TTTE Wikia were around? I mean, how else could they have even thought about that obscure tune from "Thomas and Bertie" and rendered it on a music box, let alone with such limited technology?

And, keep in mind: These were actual, licensed items. The fandom that exists today either wasn't as strong back then, or didn't even exist at all. Therefore, even though these days it seems very fanmade once one hears what tune it plays (and sees the effort and attention to detail put into it), it was officially licensed and sold in stores.

For comparison's sake, here's the original tune from the episode:

(This post was last modified: 06-28-2016, 02:30 PM by Super.)
What is a Schmid member?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Schmid was (is?) a company that made collectible items, a plenty of which were based on licensed characters, one franchise being Thomas & Friends.
Not heard of them
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Yes quite a small company making obscure collectables. Interesting piece though.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ucwepn's post:
  • DalaGStanator
All I know is that I remember coming across this video a few months ago, and wishing I had this little piece. Sadly, this seems to be the only evidence of their Thomas merchandising, or at least the only evidence I've ever seen.
Creator of upcoming series "Sudrian Tales"
Amateur voice actor
Still haven't painted FFF's Daisy lol sorry my guy (i promise I'll get that airbrush kit soon)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Miksolo's post:
  • DalaGStanator
On SiF's Shining Time Station Merchandise page, there is a section dedicated to them and their collectible pieces:

http://www.sodor-island.net/shiningtimes...ndise.html

There's even an audio demonstration of one that plays the Shining Time Station theme, but there aren't any others.