For My New Grandaughter

34 Replies, 31634 Views

TF2TF2TF2TF2TF2TF2TF2TF2-*is shot*

Alright alright, I have an actual idea. What's an area where there happens to be military vehicles without planes and jet fighters; maybe even a few railways to carry said planes (and tanks, troops, supplies, etc.), or am I taking things a bit too far? o.o I'm not good with kids.
Creator of upcoming series "Sudrian Tales"
Amateur voice actor
Still haven't painted FFF's Daisy lol sorry my guy (i promise I'll get that airbrush kit soon)
(This post was last modified: 07-04-2016, 01:10 AM by Super.)
@ Nigels

Much too late for that, my Grandson just turned 9 and I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for his interest in trains and getting me interested along with him. He hasn't been into the army men type playing too much. Certainly not as much as I did when I was his age.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
(07-02-2016, 08:41 PM)Nigels Wrote: If not Ponies it will have Minions as passengers on one train you see lol!!

And if not Minions, then those two sweethearts from that infectious six letter F word film will be there with ice palaces and sentient snowmen. Unless they're already planned, seeing as it's a Disney layout.
LOL

My plans are for a traditional type Disney layout based more on Disneyland and/or Disney World with the original type characters from old starting with Mickey Mouse. Hoping to keep it kind of simple with this Castle being the biggest purchase...that is unless I opt for the real Disney Monorail (not the Plarail) in the layout. Trying not to get crazy as this could easily become a new, expensive addiction with as much Disney stuff that is out there.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • DalaGStanator
(07-04-2016, 01:22 AM)Super Wrote: @ Nigels

Much too late for that, my Grandson just turned 9 and I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for his interest in trains and getting me interested along with him. He hasn't been into the army men type playing too much. Certainly not as much as I did when I was his age.

Sounds like you're nearly at the point you'll need to make the jump to real model trains for your grandson super Big Grin
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
LOL, nice try Nigels Wink

Not to say there is anything wrong with what you call "real model trains" but I really don't have any interest with those as, to me, they are a one trick pony. Design and construct a layout and all thats left is to watch the trains go round and round. I like these Plarail types so much more because I can play with them, design build, tear down and re-design and build again layouts without ruining or afraid of breaking something. Make no mistake, I love and respect those that can build realistic "real model train" layouts as they are an art form in and of themselves, just not for me.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • DalaGStanator
I know what you mean, although having said that the Kato 'Uni-Track' can be built, taken down etc... just like plarail, come to that so can the Marklin HO starter sets. So you don't have to build a realistic layout, you can instead just throw something up, play, put it away, build it differently just like plarail.

The reason I like them is for the level of detail on the rolling stock, even the B Shorty's are stunning in level of detail bearing in mind they are a snap together plastic model kit effectively. Put a motor in them though and they are quite excellent, almost on a par with normal N Gauge, bearing in mind their limited length Smile
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
Two different packages arrived today and they both are very exciting for me. Each one of these sets had an item that I have had a "wouldn't it be nice to have" feeling for but was not motivated enough to go after. That is until the "For My New Granddaughter" layout planning came into play. Both these sets have a one of a kind Disney Station that will look great in what will be the new, separate, Disney themed Layout for my new Granddaughter.

First up:
We already have the Disney train and characters that comes in this set and I really got lucky with this purchase. There are quite a few listings in the Japan Auctions that are listed as "Used" but when you read the description it states Unused but because its been in storage so long they list it as used. I have noticed this many times in listings in the auctions over there. This set is new in the box and everything is mint and unused including the box. The unique station, characters and the crossing will make it into the new layout and maybe the multi colored track too. This set must have released in 1997/1998 because that is the year of the Tomy/Plarail Catalog that came in the box.

[Image: 102_zpsaxcfvoae.jpg]
[Image: 104_zps39wvpr2x.jpg]
[Image: 105_zpsdk6uuxop.jpg]

Next up:
Another set with a one of a kind Disney station that is quite whimsical. The station maybe the tunnel will surely make it into the new layout and probably at least the wagon and cargo. Not sure about the steam engine as we will have two other nicer looking ones.

[Image: 100_zpsb8vcy5u8.jpg]
[Image: 101_zpshz9i6m2o.jpg]
[-] The following 3 users Like Super's post:
  • DalaGStanator, ripley802, sunhuntin
Very cool Super. That first set I have been on the look out for off and on. A few months back I picked up a lot of 3 of the cars from the set but nothing else. I had seen the set which was complete minus the top part of the box. Looks like a great set and I cannot wait to see the layout.

That second set also is one I will try an get at some point. Since I got a late start with the Disney sets there are just so many out there that I must have now. Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes ripley802's post:
  • Super
congrats, super. ive been keen on that first disney set for yonks, but never found one for a decent price or that was complete.

will you be looking at selling the train and characters you already have?
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 1 user Likes sunhuntin's post:
  • Super