Project Finding "Nory" (Dory + Nemo) build/custom

33 Replies, 36163 Views

I have it in my mind to add a momentary switch to auto crossing gates where I wire up some lights and the switch turns them on and off (flashing) every time a wheel rolls over it. so once the train passes the crossing the lights are off. I know there is some videos out there with switches in the blue track.

Panda NEKO No.1 has some examples of intrack momentary switches. https://www.youtube.com/user/PandaNEKONo1/videos
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • ripley802
(08-10-2016, 07:01 PM)Nigels Wrote: Momentary switches are dead cheap, how about just getting a switch and fitting it into one of those weight operated bridge things that Tomy make? As the bridge goes down it activates the switch and...

I was thinking about this, but could not remember the name. I remembered someone discussing them on another thread.

(08-10-2016, 07:31 PM)sunhuntin Wrote: the plarail disney electrical bridge has a momentary switch that triggers the music to play, it can even play sound effects when it is re-triggered during the music.

if you have one, it might be worth trying to carefully take it apart to see how it works.

This is exactly what I was hoping I can do. I did just receive the bridge, but would be nervous about taking it apart. Big Grin

Maybe in a week or so, when it is not so new..lol
(This post was last modified: 08-10-2016, 11:50 PM by ripley802.)
[-] The following 2 users Like ripley802's post:
  • sunhuntin, Super
(08-10-2016, 11:49 PM)ripley802 Wrote: I was thinking about this, but could not remember the name. I remembered someone discussing them on another thread.

That was probably me when I was after some micro latching switches for the Takara loco's, although now its not so important as I got so many spare chassis I can canibalise if needed Smile

Anyway, something like this is what would work; Micro momentary contact switch
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • ripley802
I saw these too. Was thinking maybe the rectangular shape may fit more easily, but haven't checked the sizes yet to verify it would fit.
http://m.ebay.com/itm/5-x-Red-Cap-Rectan...ING_ACTIVE