Project Finding "Nory" (Dory + Nemo) build/custom

33 Replies, 36171 Views

(08-09-2016, 09:57 PM)Super Wrote: Very neat trains. Is the clear plastic cover suppose to simulate an aquarium do you think?

Thanks Super. Yeah I think that was their goal, but I wish it was attached. It just seems like something that could easily get lost or broken bee easily.

Another update. Well the other day while out "Yard Sale-ing" I walked past a small toy, and dismissed it as junk. I then invisioned something and thought I may be able to use it. It was very dirty and needed a good bath. I asked the lady how much and she said $2, so I figured what the heck. In fact even if I don't use but one character it was worth it because I paid $2.88 each for the blind bags mentioned in the first post.

So here is what it was..
https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/...shmashhum/

My thought was to use the characters as first. Then I realized it has sound, moves, and is overall pretty cool. Here are some pics after I have disassembled it.

[Image: 954DC3F3-A4D9-4DF4-B517-54AD60797964_zpsmns2aika.jpg]
[Image: AEBABD69-7853-4C6D-B63B-E21B667BBD64_zpsa1sqmvfx.jpg]

And here are the guts.
[Image: CE6AE898-7FE3-4C09-A4E0-6D3BA02EDB2C_zpsgfljplno.jpg]

Now my goal is to somehow either build a base and mount this on with a switch, or what I would love to do is incorporate this into a "stop and go" style track or have pressure activated switches so when the train passes it activates a sound or action..

So, any thoughts on what to do? Please share. Thanks.
(This post was last modified: 08-09-2016, 11:59 PM by ripley802.)
[-] The following 3 users Like ripley802's post:
  • DalaGStanator, sunhuntin, Super
I like your ideas.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • DalaGStanator
(08-09-2016, 11:53 PM)ripley802 Wrote: Now my goal is to somehow either build a base and mount this on with a switch, or what I would love to do is incorporate this into a "stop and go" style track or have pressure activated switches so when the train passes it activates a sound or action..

So, any thoughts on what to do? Please share. Thanks.

Have you thought about using this as a base?: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/D500-Free...81289.html

These bridges have been brought up on BPT before, and as they have a train activated switch you could modify or repaint them for your purposes, just wiring the switch to your project instead of the bridges board.
[Image: gRR83EM.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like sinkillerj's post:
  • ripley802, Super
(08-10-2016, 02:47 AM)sinkillerj Wrote: Have you thought about using this as a base?: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/D500-Free...81289.html

These bridges have been brought up on BPT before, and as they have a train activated switch you could modify or repaint them for your purposes, just wiring the switch to your project instead of the bridges board.
Ooooo, I like that idea, that would save a lot of work since part of it is already wrote out with the switches. Just would need to figure out mounting and wiring everything up.

Super, I think you are the resist expert on this bridge as you have one and have had it apart I believe, what do you think? Think it could be wired up to maybe play th sound that I have from my nemo piece and to activate the other items?
[-] The following 1 user Likes ripley802's post:
  • Super
thats a great piece, and i love your idea about wiring it up.
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 2 users Like sunhuntin's post:
  • ripley802, Super
I am no wiring expert (that would be Mr Tramp) so I am not sure if it would work exactly in the way you want it to. All I did was cut the wire and eliminated the little circuit board and ran the four lights directly to the on/pff switch and the battery. Which reminds me, I have to redo that as I forgot to include a resistor in my wiring and the lights just drain down the batteries quickly. I am sure there could be a way as long as your unit only needs a momentary switch to start its sound loop.
  • ripley802
Momentary switches are dead cheap, how about just getting a switch and fitting it into one of those weight operated bridge things that Tomy make? As the bridge goes down it activates the switch and...
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Nigels's post:
  • ripley802, Super
I think that would work but only if that Nemo item runs and finishes its sound loop. If it is run by an on/off switch or a button that needs to be held down now I don't think the momentary switch would work as it would only make contact when something is on it (train) but stops the circuit ones the wheels pass. At least that is what I think.
  • ripley802
the plarail disney electrical bridge has a momentary switch that triggers the music to play, it can even play sound effects when it is re-triggered during the music.

if you have one, it might be worth trying to carefully take it apart to see how it works.
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 2 users Like sunhuntin's post:
  • ripley802, Super
It probably has an electronic circuit that is effectively a time switch, a momentary physical switch triggers it then the circuitry holds the switch on for a pre-determined period. You may even be able to buy such devices off eBay it is amazing the things you can get for a couple of quid these days Big Grin
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Nigels's post:
  • ripley802, Super