Trackmaster Revolution Track Point Mod

19 Replies, 22339 Views

Thanks for showing the episode. The detail in that scene looks wonderful, and the repainted track really does look better than the stock standard dark grey. If I were to have Revolution track, I would've sprayed it chrome silver and painted the sleepers chocolate brown if I wanted to make it look more like CGI track. I really appreciate the work of the Thomas Creator Collective, and the fact that the 'Official' YouTube channel decided to gather these fans and use their talents to create a series in the exact same way remakes are produced by TheTTTECommunity. If I joined YouTube, I would've been very keen on joining the TCC and getting either an episode script, character to voice, or other form of participation. Perhaps one or more of our members could join at some point.
(12-10-2016, 08:22 PM)DalaGStanator Wrote: Thanks for showing the episode. The detail in that scene looks wonderful, and the repainted track really does look better than the stock standard dark grey. If I were to have Revolution track, I would've sprayed it chrome silver and painted the sleepers chocolate brown if I wanted to make it look more like CGI track. I really appreciate the work of the Thomas Creator Collective, and the fact that the 'Official' YouTube channel decided to gather these fans and use their talents to create a series in the exact same way remakes are produced by TheTTTECommunity. If I joined YouTube, I would've been very keen on joining the TCC and getting either an episode script, character to voice, or other form of participation. Perhaps one or more of our members could join at some point.

That may not be a good idea considering how bad they've been getting recently\, and some other things that I can't say.

EDIT: Well, it might be worth it if you have enough work to get all that sweet Mattel money and free Thomas toys. Tongue But, it won't change the writing nor the attitude of some of the higher-ups in the TCC (DieselD199 recently was given criticism on an episode of the TCC, and snootily responded with a tweet saying, "Lol, when did I ask for constructive criticism?")
Creator of upcoming series "Sudrian Tales"
Amateur voice actor
Still haven't painted FFF's Daisy lol sorry my guy (i promise I'll get that airbrush kit soon)
Well I don't know, I have got used to the simplicity of the blue plastic tracks. In a way detailing the track as per the above draws attention to them. I wish there was a crossover, like a diamond crossing if you know what I mean.
(12-11-2016, 04:41 PM)bollard Wrote: Well I don't know, I have got used to the simplicity of the blue plastic tracks. In a way detailing the track as per the above draws attention to them. I wish there was a crossover, like a diamond crossing if you know what I mean.

Plarail has a couple track pieces similar to a diamond crossing. There's a one track crossing track that comes in the Search & Rescue Center Figure-8 set, the one with the Thomas that can go backwards as well as forwards, and has a front coupling. There's also an individual track piece you could buy seperately that is double-tracked. It's hard to explain but it's like a diamond crossing but has some points added on.
Amateur voice actor
Still haven't painted FFF's Daisy lol sorry my guy (i promise I'll get that airbrush kit soon)
I like the sound of the first. Not seen that.
HAHA Fisher Price/Mattel have never sent me anything for free. I do think though that some channels especially the big ones who use their kids as props and focus on trackmaster 2 seem to get everything for free and months before anyone else Tongue
(12-11-2016, 08:26 PM)Ucwepn Wrote: HAHA Fisher Price/Mattel have never sent me anything for free. I do think though that some channels especially the big ones who use their kids as props and focus on trackmaster 2 seem to get everything for free and months before anyone else Tongue

I mean the Thomas Creator Collective members. They get free Thomas toys (the following is just what I believe) as a little reward and/or to help them if they need to replace an engine damaged during filming or there's a character in the script that they don't own.
Amateur voice actor
[-] The following 1 user Likes Miksolo's post:
  • DalaGStanator
I was an original member of the collective and there was no indication from mattel/FP that they were going to give out freebies, I would be skeptical.
You seem to be somewhat confused, Ucwepn. I remember you were a former admin of TheTTTECommunity, an unofficial channel that predates the TCC. Are you sure you were in the TCC too?
oh ok yeah thats the one lol