What did you do to your trains today?

575 Replies, 562695 Views

(11-14-2014, 12:51 PM)Super Wrote: Now that is one big layout. Excelent work Jdog. Can you set up your points so some of the trains are on separate loops to prevent any crashes?

That was how I tried to set up the layout, but there would be these annoying little times where a train will derail or something would get caught and some engines after would pile up, and there would even be a rogue engine who would somehow change the points itself and run into an area it shouldn't be at. I've had to run less engines than I expected anyway.

So the video is up, excuse the awry bits where I'm fixing something.
[-] The following 4 users Like jdogman's post:
  • HankAmericanEngine, Nickel, sunhuntin, Ucwepn
Excellent video Jdog, thanks for posting it. You have quite the nice collection of Thomas and Friends trains. The dog doesn't seem to be too interested though.
[Image: dog-says-no-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Update on a few things with my collection and upcoming videos.

Collection: As said in my "Surprise, surprise!" thread, I've bought myself a seventh Gator, and am working to procure my eighth; might turn into ninth and tenth if a real good sale goes on. Love those cars of his.

A project I've finally been able to do is give Oliver his green wheels and, once I finish with the few coats of primer, you'll see the finished result in my Christmas special. Took about three weeks to get the right layer of paint onto his wheels.

Videos: I've begun filming for my showcase again and, unfortunately, it will be quite lengthy. Debating whether or not to make it a seasonal one, showing all four seasons if I can.
Residential train-afficionado in training, and Thomas & Friends fan.

[-] The following 4 users Like HankAmericanEngine's post:
  • Gerisplarail1, Nickel, Super, Ucwepn
You must really like those Gator cars. Are they the covered gondola type ones? I do like those too. Trackmaster probably wouldn't do this but it would be neat to see these sold separately or as a 3 car add on set with dark gray gondolas and maybe brown tarps. Better yet how about army colors of tan gondolas with army green (olive drab) tarps or camo tan gondolas with tan or brown tarps.

Can't wait for the videos.
(12-03-2014, 01:35 PM)Super Wrote: You must really like those Gator cars. Are they the covered gondola type ones? I do like those too. Trackmaster probably wouldn't do this but it would be neat to see these sold separately or as a 3 car add on set with dark gray gondolas and maybe brown tarps. Better yet how about army colors of tan gondolas with army green (olive drab) tarps or camo tan gondolas with tan or brown tarps.

Can't wait for the videos.

You're right! I really do like those covered cars! They most likely won't, but you can buy a few Gators post-Christmas and paint them if you like! Thanks!
Residential train-afficionado in training, and Thomas & Friends fan.

[-] The following 1 user Likes HankAmericanEngine's post:
  • Super
I have been so busy with my Ebay sales over the last 5 weeks that I haven't had much time to play with the trains. Can't believe it but I am over $1100 in sales of all our extra train stuff in that time. Just shows me of how much stuff I had bought from Japan and here on Ebay that I didn't need but wanted because it contained a few things I was after. Most of it has been listed but I still want to go through all of our trains and rolling stock and sell off all our doubles or ones we no longer want. I do want to do a few layout modifications before the next video so I will be happy when all this listing and shipping is over. I am running out of all the shipping boxes I have saved up for these sales. Guess I need to buy more stuff to replenish my stock of boxes...Big Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like Super's post:
  • Gerisplarail1, HankAmericanEngine, sunhuntin
Digging up this thread as I am repairing my modified TOMY Henry today (was thehsvdude's when he was young haha), he runs on 2xAAA batteries making 3v and has a lamp fitted. The drive unit has a cracked gear inside somewhere and he wont move so a full drive unit transplant is likely. Will update this post when I'm done Smile

This is the one, it has sentimental value as well as metal handrails and is a favorite Smile

[Image: 20130112_235636-1.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ucwepn's post:
  • Super
That is a great sentimental train and a memory you will take on forever. Fixing him up for when Thehsvdude has kids of his own.....in 10 years or so Smile
Was there a video of him already?
Here he is in action last year:

UPDATE: I have fixed him! a new drive unit sorted it out.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ucwepn's post:
  • Super
Thanks Ucwepn

I forgot about the night time run video with the whole town and layout lit up. Henry was running great then and Gordon too. Poor Stepney looked like a snail moving down the rails next to 3 volt Henry and Gordon. If I remember correctly the voltage was bumped up and not upgraded motors installed right?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Ucwepn