What did you do to your trains today?

575 Replies, 562773 Views

I'm afraid that shade of Purple isn't correct. Needs a little bit more Red to get it looking right.
it just probably the light problem that made the colour look different.
Today is going to be an all day train day for me. Going to be working on finishing some building modifications and hopefully finish a couple of train modifications that I have been working on for a couple of months. May even get to some footage for the next video I have been working on which will be about...
HINT: [spoiler]Special, one of a kind trains[/spoiler]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • HankAmericanEngine, ripley802
Absolutely nothing today, instead I spent time dismantling, repairing and re-assembling a 1/16th scale radio control Panzer IV F2 Smile
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
(01-30-2016, 11:20 PM)Nigels Wrote: Absolutely nothing today, instead I spent time dismantling, repairing and re-assembling a 1/16th scale radio control Panzer IV F2 Smile

Nice, is it a Tamiya? I like RC cars and have always fancied a tank, the Tamiya ones are so expensive though!
(01-30-2016, 11:30 PM)Tramp Wrote: Nice, is it a Tamiya? I like RC cars and have always fancied a tank, the Tamiya ones are so expensive though!

No this one was a Taigen Panzer IV, very nice piece of kit, well made, ready to run out of the box (well you need to get some AA's for the remote), lovely air-brush finish as standard, lots of metal components. In some ways they are a steal as they sell for a fraction of the cost of a Tamiya yet have as many functions.

Just to give you a brief list of features;

2.4Ghz Digital remote control system
Metal lower hull, wheels, sprockets, idlers, suspension, tracks, gun barrel
Full remote control - forward/back/left/right/spin, turret rotation, barrel lift/lower, machine gun (lights LED and makes gun noise), cannon fire (shoots BB's up to 25m), recoil on gun fire.
Full sound, including start up, engine, turret rotation, firing etc... engine stop.
Working Headlights
Working Smoke generator to simulate engine exhaust

Now that for me is pretty much all you need. You can even get infra-red battle models (not the Panzer IV) which have an IR fire function, barrel recoil and an IR receiver you plug into the hatch so you can take part in indoor battles.

Best part is the price - the Taigen Panzer IV sells in the UK for ~ £149, compare that with the cost of the Tamiya equivalent which for a full feature kit is ~£850 and then you have to build it, paint it, add a good remote ~£150 I should think. To me its a no brainer I can have a battalion of Taigens for the price of the Tamiya and even then there is a good 3rd party market of add-ons like photo-etch and metal components so you can upgrade the Taigens if you really have to Smile

You can also get Heng Long which are cheaper, but generally don't have the paint jobs and metal components (but are even cheaper - ~£90 for a Panzer IV), or Torro which are like Taigen based on the Heng Long basic kit but upgraded and air-brushed, they tend to be more expensive at anything up to ~£500 for a fully featured full metal model)

Here's a listing of the Taigen Panzer IV to whet your appetite and to show I'm not kidding about the price (btw: I paid £89 for mine as it was a store special being a customer return, hence why I had it apart to fix it Smile)

Taigen Pamzer IV

P.S. Guys - apologies for going off topic, but I had to give Tramp a good reply Smile
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 01-31-2016, 09:38 AM by Nigels.)
[-] The following 2 users Like Nigels's post:
  • DalaGStanator, ripley802
I discovered how well ERTLs fit on PowerTrains track.
I AM NOT DEAD. Just inactive. 
[-] The following 3 users Like ROKMAN1445's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Nigels, Super
ERTL really should've designed a much thinner track system for their models and made the long engines articulated, so they could navigate the curves.
not today, but the last couple of days i cleaned and lubed 2 vintage engines and 2 big loader chassis a friend found at her thrift shop.
and not really related, but i got a rubiks 360 game from another thrift shop. i broke it open for the 6 balls inside, as they are the same size as the big loader ones. means when i run the store display, if the balls get dropped they will be easy to see on the base.

[Image: 260rub.gif]
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 3 users Like sunhuntin's post:
  • anc6802, Nigels, Super
(02-01-2016, 07:53 AM)DalaGStanator Wrote: ERTL really should've designed a far narrower track system for their models, and made the long engines articulated, so they could navigate the curves.

That would've been great. The engine's tender's should've been separate.
I AM NOT DEAD. Just inactive.