What did you do to your trains today?

575 Replies, 562700 Views

That is a very cool set and the box they come in is awesome.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Mister No
It was about time I touched up some Take Alongs and the two Take 'n Plays. I started by fixing paint chips on the Milk Tanker, removing unwanted black and redoing eyebrows on engine faces I tried to restore, and adding silver to Bertie's radiator frame. But these two were my favourite results from today.

[Image: 042.jpg][Image: 043.jpg]

For Spencer, I applied black in two instances I should've added to him years ago. His front buffers are incorrectly depicted as being on a bufferbeam, with its middle being the same as his main colour (this error was fixed in Take 'n Play). After masking the coupling, I blacked out the middle so it would blend in with the smokebox. In addition, I did the same with the tender wheels to match his TOMY and TV counterparts.

[Image: 044.jpg][Image: 045.jpg][Image: 046.jpg][Image: 047.jpg][Image: 048.jpg]

Salty had a bit more work done to him. Previously, I achieved his yellow bufferbeams and white running board using paper labels (like I did for the running board on the TrackMaster Talking one). I was no longer impressed with how it looked, so I removed the labels and redid everything a bit more professionally. While the black parts I added back then were mostly unchanged, the white labels were applied over the original red paint (hence why the whole body and chassis were masked). I primed the bufferbeams with correction fluid and used a yellow marker after they dried. He now somewhat resembles the 2013 version, only without the corrected bufferbeam design. I have no intention to weather them this time, and the running board will stay black unless I decide to paint them on other engines. I'm not really done refurbishing the Take Alongs yet, so I currently have a few more long term plans for them. For instance, Edward and Toby's faces are now so faded they look flesh toned.
[-] The following 2 users Like DalaGStanator's post:
  • Mister No, Super
You have been busy Lag Smile
Not sure where to post this.  

Anyways, as some of you know the latest trackmaster Revolution trucks (the one with the 3D molded face) come with wobbly wheels.  I personally not a big fan of those wheels.  So I decided to swap the wheels out with the standard plastic clog wheels.  

As you can see it actually works.  

In this short clip, I hooked the modified clog wheel to the original troublesome truck.  Not sure if the trucks were naughty or it is a bad idea to couple up a wobbly truck with a regular wheels truck lol

My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
[-] The following 2 users Like leylandvictory2's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super
The wobble wheels on the short wheel based Trackmaster II Troublesome truck is...well...troublesome.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • DalaGStanator
What did i do to my trains?
I...took out a few so i could film an upcoming episode for my channel...that's it. Ah well i spent a lot of today finding images of plarail old slow coach as well
The Tons of Trackmasters YouTube channel  Smile https://www.youtube.com/@TonsOfTrackmasters
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tons of Trackmasters's post:
  • DalaGStanator
[Image: 001.jpg][Image: 003.jpg]

Yesterday, I made an improved face cast for Spenry (the Spencer-disguised-as-Henry). It was still moulded from the TOMY Edward face and made of hot melt glue, but it uses actual paint and looks closer to Henry (mainly the eyebrows). The original looked like numerous other engines, had a clearly visible patch on the side and was "painted" with a black marker and alcohol. I'll still have to make a new smokebox (and face) for either him or the TrackMaster Edward, though.

Here's a reminder of the original cast (now discarded): [Image: Spenry-Old-Cast.png]
Wow, all done with Hot Glue...impressive.
Tried my hand at some track improvement.

[Image: 20210321-123937.jpg]

First undertaking which is probably obvious by the results! I am happy with the ballast and ties in the middle. I think I need to refine the outer ballast with more color variation and add some metallic silver to the rail tops.

[Image: 20210321-123954.jpg]
[-] The following 4 users Like FlyingKipper's post:
  • chrisjo, confusedanddelayed, DalaGStanator, Super
Wow...that is fantastic work Fly-K. This will look great in a Layout.