New/Upcoming Wooden Railway Releases

10 Replies, 16055 Views

(12-04-2016, 08:08 AM)DalaGStanator Wrote: They did Hugo better than I thought he would look. However, they should've either removed the middle wheels or made specialized 1-axle bogies, because he's meant to have four. Perhaps that could be a stability thing. I'm just glad they didn't make him Thomas or Percy's length. Curiously, his plastic bubble appears to be slightly slanted like he's taking off. Could that be intentional? I'm surprised the propellor is not advertised as being able to spin, let alone that it can't.

Here's a correction I just did:
(The real Schienenzeppelin only had four too).

It's definitely for stability. Hugo has 4 wheels in the show, anyway. A Wooden Railway item has never been made with that length that has less than 8 wheels, and i have a hard time figuring out how it would work unless they made it one solid piece, which would just cause more problems because he'd be extremely tight around corners.
The real Schienenzeppelin most likely would have been far more successful had it been given 4 or 6-wheeled bogies instead of only two axles. Would allow for better turning and, in some cases, better traction.

As for the propeller, it probably will be able to spin. It looks loose enough that it would, and it wouldn't make sense to remove the spinning propeller feature from his model in Mattel's most popular Thomas toy line. If it spins in Trackmaster and Adventures, which it does, then surely it will spin in Wooden Railway.
Creator of upcoming series "Sudrian Tales"
Amateur voice actor
Still haven't painted FFF's Daisy lol sorry my guy (i promise I'll get that airbrush kit soon)