Lego 2016 Exclusive Christmas Gift

6 Replies, 8153 Views

Well no doubt many of you know that at this time of year Lego give away exclusive limited edition gifts in their stores and from their website while stocks last and if you meet certain purchase requirements.

Well this year the gift is a really rather nice 'Santa Snow Globe' (yes it does have lego snow in the form of little white discs lol).

Anyway having got one I've assembled it and thought I would share a picture of it with you as it is rather nice, the front actually pulls out as well as it is a small 'drawer' - quite handy for putting your odd spare bits of lego in that you often get with sets Smile

Enjoy!
[Image: _20161216_192736_1.jpg]
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 5 users Like Nigels's post:
  • DalaGStanator, drewbenn, ROKMAN1445, sunhuntin, Super
That is so neat and free with purchase, kewl. Could become a family heirloom only brought out during the Holidays and passed down generation to generation.

Is that how many pieces their were 4,0223? Big Grin Do you glue all the pieces so there is no chance for it falling apart and losing pieces everywhere?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
(12-16-2016, 10:12 PM)Super Wrote: That is so neat and free with purchase, kewl. Could become a family heirloom only brought out during the Holidays and passed down generation to generation.

Is that how many pieces their were 4,0223? Big Grin Do you glue all the pieces so there is no chance for it falling apart and losing pieces everywhere?

I think its a pretty neat kit and pretty sought after, being a limited edition freebie only available from the shops/website the only other source are people who are selling them off rather than keeping them. They go for in the region of £30-35 each on eBay/Amazon Marketplace. I'd say there is probably around 120 pieces, although I didn't count them, and enough spare parts that even if the odd bit does get lost you can soon replace it Smile

Incidentally anyone seen the special anniversary 'employee only christmas gift set' that some people are selling on eBay? It is a big set and based on Lego trains from the beginning up to the current day. They are going for around £200-250 a pop on eBay. I was tempted to ask the staff in my local shop if they'd sell me theirs for say £100 - not to make a profit, but just because I want one Smile
(12-17-2016, 12:08 AM)Nigels Wrote: Incidentally anyone seen the special anniversary 'employee only christmas gift set' that some people are selling on eBay? It is a big set and based on Lego trains from the beginning up to the current day. They are going for around £200-250 a pop on eBay. I was tempted to ask the staff in my local shop if they'd sell me theirs for say £100 - not to make a profit, but just because I want one Smile

Sharing a link because this set is too beautiful to not see: http://brickshow.com/2016/12/lego-employ...r-at-ebay/
[Image: gRR83EM.png]
You are right Killer, that would be quite the set for a collector to have it is a beauty. If thats the only Xmas bonus that Lego employees receive I can see quite a lot of them changing that into cash and selling them. Thats like the Post Office giving mail as a Xmas Bonus to their letter carriers..... or Big Macs to MacDonald workers... if you want to show appreciation for your employees, show them the money WinkBig GrinDodgy
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Ucwepn
Very nice. Looks just like a real, authentic snow globe. I like the detail they put into it, such as the tree inside and the "entrance" at the bottom. I do wish they used cut up paper or something better for the snow, and made a permanent globe that could be filled with water to make it fall more slowly (had it not been a collectors' display item). The Santa minifig is recycled from 8833 Minifigures Series 8 (2012).
(This post was last modified: 12-17-2016, 10:55 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes DalaGStanator's post:
  • Super
(12-17-2016, 10:45 AM)DalaGStanator Wrote: Very nice. Looks just like a real, authentic snow globe. I like the detail they put into it, such as the tree inside and the "entrance" at the bottom. I do wish they used cut up paper or something better for the snow, and made a permanent globe that could be filled with water to make it fall more slowly (had it not been a collectors' display item). The Santa minifig is recycled from 8833 Minifigures Series 8 (2012).

The entrance at the bottom you noticed is just a fake door, but the whole bottom part pulls out as its a miniature drawer that you can put little valuables or spare lego parts in Smile

Very clever the way it is implemented as there's a couple of bricks used I've not seen before, one with a groove in it the other with a ridge so they effectively form a drawer 'runner' like on a real life drawer Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super