Lego 9v Mono-Rail?

7 Replies, 8950 Views

When I was browsing around for 9v lego train stuff I noticed some listings for bits for a '9v Lego Mono-Rail' (although no full sets). Has any of you guys got one of these or know any more about them? I'm not necessarily going to go find one, but just curious as I never even knew they made them in the first place Big Grin

Actually having resorted to Google I found this on YouTube, the actual video of the mono-rail starts about 3 minutes into it

Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 12-25-2016, 09:11 PM by Nigels.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • ripley802
How about this. I did buy some Lego Monorail risers to use in a custom.

Caption as (One Monorail is with Power Function, another Monorail is with 9V System.)

And this video is really cool with awesome rail switches...far out

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Yes I do- I have the space station monorail set although it is far from complete, I got it by saving up all my money from a birthday and buying it,

[Image: latest?cb=20100508161628]

http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/6991_Monorail_Transport_Base

It still resides in my loft in a battered box, it uses a pp3 9v battery (like a smoke alarm) which is housed in a box in one of the carriages, the centre unit is the motor housing. each end is a carriage with a bogie under it, the centre drive unit acts as a support for each carriage so each carriage has a bogie on the end and connect on a pivot to the drive on the centre, this makes it hard to add any additional carriages as there aren't any couplings at either end, it always ran well enough and had a selector switch where the direction could be changed.

If you want any more specific. Details or photos I can pull the set out of the loft?
(This post was last modified: 12-25-2016, 11:30 PM by Tramp.)
Not many monorail sets were made, but they are fondly remembered. The space themed monorails are fairly easy to get ahold of, but the town themed airport monorail is somewhat of a holy grail set.
[Image: gRR83EM.png]
Thanks for the info guys, I was just curious more than anything as they must have passed me by as I never recall ever seeing one anywhere. Smile
Oh...come on Nigels...might as well get them now that you have more information.....you know you want to...[Image: flirty-smile-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
*slides laptop over to Nigels with Bricklink open on the screen*
[Image: gRR83EM.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes sinkillerj's post:
  • Super
(12-26-2016, 11:00 AM)Super Wrote: Oh...come on Nigels...might as well get them now that you have more information.....you know you want to...[Image: flirty-smile-smiley-emoticon.gif]

Kind of you to say so, but no for the moment I'm more interested in normal dual rail trains Wink
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super