T-Minis App

11 Replies, 17348 Views

Hey Pablo392. Thanks for the ideas. I certainly won't rule them out. Your functionality might not have as much use for the greater group as a tracking duplicates, backing up your list or filtering by unowned would. But I'll put it on my list of ideas. Keep throwing them at me, always appreciated.

(02-13-2017, 07:21 PM)Pablo392 Wrote: Dwight, thanks for working on an app for us Mini collectors, it looks great.
Drewbenn's website has been a life saver and without that page I don't think most of us would be able to continue collecting minis.

I don't know how everyone is sorting their collection, for example sorting them boxes, I write the box # on an ixbyix printout. So you can see that with that method we would have to rewrite the box numbers and little notes I have once there is a major change (like a new series, new packs, etc).

So I was thinking of using Drewbenn's website and put the data in an sql or simple excel database, and then use a simple script in another site or even on my local computer and have the notes stay with the database after each change. Having a dynamic sql or excel would help with searches or filters. I worked with access in the past, but if either one of you are working on getting site and app to talk to each other, it would be great if that data could be used to feed an access or sql db. Drewbenn, can the same method you posted above be used to receive simple data in csv or xml format?
Just installed the Android version of the app, but now I have to install another app called Adobe Air? is this expected behaviour?

As a new user to this app, is there any way to select whole waves and mark "owned" etc?

Trying to do 200 trains as singles is a bit tedious. And I find when I mark owned and back out on some of them, many of them actually, the owned status doesn't 'stay' and I have to go back in that individual train and do it again - up to three times. Please let me know.
(This post was last modified: 10-31-2017, 01:55 AM by BrownBullhead.)