Powerful Gordon Repair/swap.

25 Replies, 28970 Views

I haven't done it yet but will be swapping the face from the delapitated Powerful Gordon and putting it on a like new Regular Plarail Gordon. They are both 2001 it looks like and appear identical. Here are some side by sides of them.
[Image: 65ACD8D6-0757-407D-B09C-DD0B43BFCEC1_zpsbw6zqrl9.jpg]
[Image: D8AD5B3D-843D-4DFD-9819-11BC3029B795_zpsoblgorie.jpg]
[Image: 6F3BACC5-E82D-46F8-90A4-94E74D5713B9_zpsaxwqviq2.jpg]
[Image: B0E5732B-B2DD-4DE7-B824-FF6C072B9724_zpsn9uvlxoi.jpg]
[-] The following 3 users Like ripley802's post:
  • DalaGStanator, MuddyPoppins, ROKMAN1445
Aren't you also going to swap out the weights and powerful motor like PG Mike does?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • ripley802
(01-28-2017, 03:43 PM)Super Wrote: Aren't you also going to swap out the weights and powerful motor like PG Mike does?

That reminds me; probably not on topic but just a quick question: is customthomas.com missing any products for anyone else? I know Powerful Gordon would be gone soon, but I think Mike's quit entirely, it seems. There's not a single search result nor item listing still on his site.
Creator of upcoming series "Sudrian Tales"
Amateur voice actor
Still haven't painted FFF's Daisy lol sorry my guy (i promise I'll get that airbrush kit soon)
(01-28-2017, 03:43 PM)Super Wrote: Aren't you also going to swap out the weights and powerful motor like PG Mike does?

Yeah, I am planning too. So long as they all fit. I mentioned the face, but as much as I can do to make it authentic I will. Big Grin
(01-28-2017, 04:30 PM)ripley802 Wrote: Yeah, I am planning too. So long as they all fit. I mentioned the face, but as much as I can do to make it authentic I will. Big Grin
Wholly moley!!...that is almost the color of Ferdinand!!
:O
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes MuddyPoppins's post:
  • ripley802
(01-28-2017, 05:33 PM)Muddy Poppins Wrote: Wholly moley!!...that is almost the color of Ferdinand!!
:O

Lol.. yeah it was bad.. very crunchy.. it basically crumbled as I was taking it apart. Undecided
[-] The following 1 user Likes ripley802's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
The Powerful Gordon's body could double as a Flying Scotsman custom.
I AM NOT DEAD. Just inactive. 
[-] The following 1 user Likes ROKMAN1445's post:
  • DalaGStanator
Well I had a few min to look into this a bit more. I think it may be ok, but I had a major issue. Apparently on the regular style Gordon they use super glue to hold the face onto the shell. And, well, it snapped off. I think I will be able to get the face piece attached to the new shell but will have to wait and see how it turns out. I was able to drill and tap a hole in the front weight and use a small screw to hold it on, then put a touch of super glue on the inside where it attaches.
  • Super
Well, something is only in original condition once, as I learned from Jay Leno's car show. But you do what you want/have to.
I AM NOT DEAD. Just inactive. 
(01-29-2017, 12:34 AM)ROKMAN1445 Wrote: Well, something is only in original condition once, as I learned from Jay Leno's car show. But you do what you want/have to.

Yeah, is was way to far gone to save or keep original unfortunately. That was originally my plan, but I tell apart, quite litterly..Big Grin
  • ROKMAN1445