Any movie trains you know of?

14 Replies, 14080 Views

So I was poking around and found that the locomotives from The Fugitive (1993) is still where it was after 20 years ago. (I think I only saw the train scene.)
[Image: 2276068330_99ced74b85.jpg]

You know of any more famous movie trains?
I AM NOT DEAD. Just inactive. 
Switchback, Derailed, and Money Train are a couple that come to mind for me. I believe there is a train scene in Under Seige 2 as well.
Olton Hall as Hogwarts Castle.
Creator of upcoming series "Sudrian Tales"
Amateur voice actor
Still haven't painted FFF's Daisy lol sorry my guy (i promise I'll get that airbrush kit soon)
Some that come to mind that I enjoy and haven't been mentioned:

*1986 Tough guys featured SP 4449 The daylight.

*1953 The Titfield Thunderbolt.

*1985 The runaway train.

*1976 The silver streak.

*1988 Buster.
The Train (1964)w/ Burt Lancaster...Hands Down the greatest "Train" movie EVER made!!
https://youtu.be/Y1IEtzj23ws

Also, The Emperor of the North(pole)
https://youtu.be/XIwo901bw7o
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
(This post was last modified: 01-30-2017, 03:31 AM by MuddyPoppins.)
If TV shows also pertain, how about the train from the original Wild Wild West show where James West and Artemis Gordon would travel in luxury while battling evil everywhere they went. It always seem funny to me how the bad guys never were able to just blow up the train while they were away fighting crime. After all, they were very limited as to what paths they could take in the wild west of America since the Rails didn't go everywhere. I loved this show as a kid and also the opening Theme music was and still is one of my favorites.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 3 users Like Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, ROKMAN1445, Ucwepn
Ah, there's also Rainbow Sun from Shining Time Station, which appeared in the infamously subpar Thomas and the Magic Railroad.
Creator of upcoming series "Sudrian Tales"
Amateur voice actor
Still haven't painted FFF's Daisy lol sorry my guy (i promise I'll get that airbrush kit soon)
How about "Von Ryan's Express", the whole war movie revolves arounda bunch of allied prisoners trying to escape from Italy on the POW train they were on after having taken control of it. Excellent movie of its genre Smile
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
One thing that nobody has said which surprises me is Canadian Pacific 9782, which she is better known as AWVR 777 from Unstoppable, and no one said Atomic Train. I bet the main reason behind why we don't get movies with real trains in them is because of the budget.
(Anyone heard of Train To Busan? I don't have the guts to watch it.)
correct me if I'm wrong on any of these:
4449 was hijacked in Tough Guys…
The crash in Silver Streak was based off true events involving a GG1…
Rainbow Sun is Union Pacific FEF #844…
Unstoppable's inspiration was the CSX 8888 incident. Despite many requests to buy the engine, CSX said that 8888 was not worth saving and was rebuild into an SD-40-3 in 2013...
I AM NOT DEAD. Just inactive. 
There's Canadian Pacific's 2816, a 4-6-4 Hudson locomotive in the 47 minute documentary "Rocky Mountain Express".

I may or may not have been watching that documentary every single day since I got the 4K, Blu-Ray, and Digital Download bundle a few weeks ago.
Residential train-afficionado in training, and Thomas & Friends fan.