Ucwepn's narrow gauge trains HOn30/HOe 009

9 Replies, 17060 Views

Hi all this is my other hobby that I have not done for a long time, so I pulled the micro layout I was working on out of storage and I intend to finish it this year!
It was very dusty as were all the locos and rolling stock so everything got a good cleaning and wheels were cleaned etc and everything is running satisfactorily. Scenery is the next thing some the risers will be filled in with expanding foam to form hills and some will be simulated stone/bricks, then grass and trees maybe a shed and station I'm not going too crazy on this.

These are HOn30 or HOe 009/9mm, that is HO scale that run on N scale track.

[Image: 20140522_104209.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like Ucwepn's post:
  • HankAmericanEngine, Super
Here is my beloved Baldwin Lyn 2-4-2 white metal and brass kit built loco that burned out its motor, still with the kit expert who is fitting a new running gear and rebuilding it, it has an insane amount of detail and full cab controls

[Image: 20130924_122844.jpg]
[-] The following 3 users Like Ucwepn's post:
  • HankAmericanEngine, sunhuntin, Super
This does look great Ucwepn and I am anxious to see what the finished landscape will look like...but you have to tell me......is there more than 24 hours in a day down under??? [Image: confused-shrug-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Ucwepn
Love the set Chris, I've always had a fondness for N gauge trains, my dad has a layout from when he was a boy, it was always scruffy and never finished but I can remember playing with it as a child,

[Image: IMAG0199.jpg]
This was my dads,

A few years ago I decided to make my own, I bought some bits to make a start....
[Image: P1010806.jpg]

I got a graham farish starter set and some extra peco track,

[Image: P1010809.jpg]

Then some buildings........

And then I put it all in a box, And there it still is now, in a box in my garage! I will do it someday though!
[-] The following 4 users Like Tramp's post:
  • HankAmericanEngine, Super, Trackmaster-Rail-Yard, Ucwepn
Whats great about it, is that our interests come and go and its nice to have something to get into when interests today fade.
  • HankAmericanEngine
It really is, I can feel myself being sucked back into n gauge at the moment, I can't help it! I set up my set for the first time in about a year today, I keep buying odds and ends for it so it was nice to see how much I had,

[Image: P1000310_zps29f6fe81.jpg]

[Image: P1000311_zps554a2f66.jpg]

[Image: P1000312_zpsdb01ee1b.jpg]

I was talking to my dad about the layout and he said there was a train in a draw, it had been there for ages, he said I could have it.

[Image: P1000314_zps26a9aacb.jpg]

I can remember playing with it as a child, sadly it doesn't run any more but I think I'll be able to fix it / get it fixed
[-] The following 2 users Like Tramp's post:
  • Super, thehsvdude
Very nice Tramp

I love the buildings. How old is the train your Dad gave you? I assume older than you.
  • thehsvdude
lovely!
Yeah older than me! He had a 00 gauge set but traded it for a N gauge set as he could fit it on a table, I'm under the impression the train came with the collection, and that must have been when he was in his early teens, he's in his 50's now! It has GRAFAR cast into its body - graham farish so I should be able to get parts, it's nice because the body is cast metal,

Thanks
[-] The following 3 users Like Tramp's post:
  • Super, thehsvdude, Ucwepn
wow!these are really cool layouts! I used to run a HO scale layout but that 'fell to the ground'.Sad