New Shooting Star Gordon & Stream Lined & Steam Thomas

45 Replies, 35333 Views

New, to release in early April The Shooting Star Gordon and Stream Lined Thomas. They both look cool. Pre-Orders now. Very Red, White and Blue Smile

I will be very interested in seeing what the steam looks like in real life for the Steam Thomas. Release in April, reserve now.

Shooting Star Gordon
Stream Lined Thomas
Real Steam Thomas

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 4 users Like Super's post:
  • DalaGStanator, ROKMAN1445, U C BLAKE, WoodWheel92
This is absolutely sacrilegious for me to say about the new Plarail releases...

Ew.
Residential train-afficionado in training, and Thomas & Friends fan.

[-] The following 1 user Likes HankAmericanEngine's post:
  • Super
What does Ew. stand for?
(02-28-2017, 03:45 PM)Super Wrote: What does Ew. stand for?

I've already spoken to a close friend of mine about these releases, and I pity that Plarail didn't actually come up with the Flying Scotsman as a release, and went with the streamlined engines. I abhor the fact that Thomas was streamlined as a start, and I'll just leave it at that, lest I go into some unnecessarily long rant.

• Super
So its not these trains that upset you its more the fact that they didn't make a Flying Scotsman? Do you like the Trackmaster versions better? I know I am not hip to the Thomas line but wasn't Thomas streamlined in a movie?
(02-28-2017, 03:53 PM)Super Wrote: So its not these trains that upset you its more the fact that they didn't make a Flying Scotsman? Do you like the Trackmaster versions better? I know I am not hip to the Thomas line but wasn't Thomas streamlined in a movie?

Thomas was "Streamlined" in a musical fantasy in the 2016 special "The Great Race" (the Great Disappointment for me, personally), and that was the end of it.

I approve of the streamlined Gordon, as it is a reference to the Pennsylvania Railroad's attempt to streamline their K4 Pacifics but, watching the film (I don't recommend it), it didn't really work out.

I'm indifferent to it, personally; I'm just disappointed that TAKARA TOMY missed out on a chance to really cash in on making some money from a Flying Scotsman model, or some of the international characters.

[-] The following 3 users Like HankAmericanEngine's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super, WoodWheel92
Well, I know my son is going to be thrilled!
(02-28-2017, 04:18 PM)Off The Rails Wrote: Well, I know my son is going to be thrilled!

I'd love to know his thoughts about these! I won't be buying them (big surprise, I know), but I'd love to hear what others think about them!

• Super
(02-28-2017, 04:20 PM)HankAmericanEngine Wrote: I'd love to know his thoughts about these! I won't be buying them (big surprise, I know), but I'd love to hear what others think about them!

Well, he's 4 and usually prefers Plarail to Trackmaster 2 when there's a choice, so I have a feeling he'll give them high marks. I also preordered the Tekoro (Tecolo?) Ashima for him, so we'll see what he thinks of that. Must've gotten the last one of her that hadn't been reserved at Hobby Search because I notice the reservation is closed now. Hope I got mine in! Blush
[-] The following 1 user Likes Off The Rails's post:
  • Super
(02-28-2017, 04:34 PM)Off The Rails Wrote: Well, he's 4 and usually prefers Plarail to Trackmaster 2 when there's a choice, so I have a feeling he'll give them high marks. I also preordered the Tekoro (Tecolo?) Ashima for him, so we'll see what he thinks of that. Must've gotten the last one of her that hadn't been reserved at Hobby Search because I notice the reservation is closed now. Hope I got mine in! Blush

Wow! If only Fisher-Price would read these threads, and TAKARA TOMY, too!

Here's hoping you were able to get that order for Ashima! Smile

[-] The following 2 users Like HankAmericanEngine's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super