hello kitty

7 Replies, 9841 Views

the bulk lot with the hello kitty set arrived yesterday. im in love with it and cant wait to display it at a club open day, whenever the next one is going to be, lol.

[Image: hellokitty30.jpg]

just a quick photo for now... its 10.40pm, and ive been up since 5am, so gonna hit the hay. end of a week of over time... done roughly 50 hours this week.
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 4 users Like sunhuntin's post:
  • Gerisplarail1, Super, Toys_Trains-Things, Trackmaster-Rail-Yard
Very cute. [Image: happy-smiley-face-emoticon.gif]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • sunhuntin
I see all the track is accounted for I know you said you didnt know if all the pink track would be present.
How does the carousel work? and what was the condition of the engine?
close ups when you wake up?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gerisplarail1's post:
  • sunhuntin
yes, all the track is accounted for it. if it wasnt, i would have just used the multi colored bits from the pull back range.
the carousel is engine powered, with a stop track built in. the little seats move up and down as it rotates. it seems a bit jerky now and then, but that might have been the batteries too.
the engine is in good shape, had a few marks which came off. has a little bit of paint rubbing to the bow, corner of the cab and the bottom front. the pink band on the front appears to be a little yellowed with age, but not majorly. it runs like new... had fluff literally caked behind the wheels, but inside was almost spotless.

the engine. you can see the paint rubs.
[Image: hellokitty23.jpg]

side view
[Image: hellokitty19.jpg]

first car with kitty and mimmy
[Image: hellokitty21.jpg]

second car with fifi and space for tippy
[Image: hellokitty22.jpg]

[Image: hellokitty10.jpg]

mimmy, kitty and fifi. tippy, the little bear, is missing.
[Image: hellokitty9.jpg]

tunnel and trees
[Image: hellokitty4.jpg]

sticker close up and seats removed.
[Image: hellokitty8.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes sunhuntin's post:
  • Super
Nice find!
From Thomas To Today's Modern Diesels, They're All A Part Of My Rail-Yard!
WOW for its age it is in wonderful shape! This was released in 2000 in conjuncture with the Winnie the Pooh Set, The Doraemon Set I have and a very nice Pokemon Set. Each came with an amusement piece I always thought it would be so neat to have a layout with all the Ferris Wheels and such!
are the dolls from this set squishy or hard?

As far as this purchase is concerned, well played... my friend... well played!
(This post was last modified: 05-24-2014, 03:51 PM by Gerisplarail1.)
thanks, geri and T-R-Y. really pleased with it. good info, geri. i have the pooh set and a doraemon, but it came with a station, no amusement ride. the figures are squishy. i found a bag at a second hand shop yesterday with a few hello kitty toys in, so grabbed in and found one of the rabbit. she looks good in the seat, but is too tall for the tunnel, lol.
[-] The following 1 user Likes sunhuntin's post:
  • Gerisplarail1
(05-24-2014, 08:50 PM)sunhuntin Wrote: thanks, geri and T-R-Y. really pleased with it. good info, geri. i have the pooh set and a doraemon, but it came with a station, no amusement ride. the figures are squishy. i found a bag at a second hand shop yesterday with a few hello kitty toys in, so grabbed in and found one of the rabbit. she looks good in the seat, but is too tall for the tunnel, lol.

Lol, as long as it still goes though Wink
From Thomas To Today's Modern Diesels, They're All A Part Of My Rail-Yard!