Lego VW Beetle Freebie...

5 Replies, 5814 Views

Ok, well we all know (well us who do Lego that is) that there are always special freebies available from the Lego stores or website, whether it is an exclusive minifigure, mini-model or some such thing. However now and again a real nice special comes along, for example the christmas offerings, but this is also one of those.

This model is a miniature version of the Creator series VW Beetle that is currently available, modelled in the same nice bright blue and with quite good detail for a small kit. The completed model is approximately the same scale as the 'Speed Champions' cars (AC - though you probably have several dozen by now Big Grin ) and comprises well over 100 parts so pretty good value for a freebie!

Anyway here's some pics to whet your appetites;

[Image: DSC_0097_1.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0098_1.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0099_1.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0100.jpg]

[Image: DSC_0101_3.jpg]
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 4 users Like Nigels's post:
  • DalaGStanator, ROKMAN1445, Super, Ucwepn
Very cool, I like the Surf Board and Cooler on the roof luggage rack. How big is it?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Nigels
Beep beep!
Evan Almighty and His Train Collection
[Image: banner12.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like ActionChugger's post:
  • Nigels, Super
(04-08-2017, 10:06 PM)Super Wrote: Very cool, I like the Surf Board and Cooler on the roof luggage rack. How big is it?

Nigels Wrote:The completed model is approximately the same scale as the 'Speed Champions' cars

This is a car from the above theme with its minifig for scale:

[Image: mclaren_p1.jpg]

Clearly, they are fairly small (I remember how disappointed I was when I found out how tiny minifigs were in person). Personally, I feel the Beetle's wheels look wrong. The large scale version is more prototypical.
Hi Super,

It's about 3-4" long, including surf board about 2" tall, not perfect, but for such a small model I think its pretty good, doubly so as a freebie. I have a feeling this one will become quite collectible in the future as they are already changing hands on eBay for ~£20 each Big Grin

The wheels look a bit odd as they are the normal sports car type wheels, but fitted back to front so you get that old steel wheel look rather than an alloy wheel. I can forgive this as I don't see why lego would go making a mould for an appropriate wheel just for a freebie...

Now the big question has to be what are we going to get offered on May 4th?!? Big Grin
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
Quite the collectable Limited Edition and its Free Too!
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Nigels