The MOST DANGEROUS and EXTREME RAILWAYS in the World!!

5 Replies, 7469 Views

The MOST DANGEROUS and EXTREME RAILWAYS in the World!!

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 4 users Like Super's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Off The Rails, ripley802, WoodWheel92
Funny enough, I just watched this one last night. The two I noticed were missing are any railway on Sodor (Luckily, nobody was hurt) and any Trackmaster/Plarail layout my son builds! Big Grin

On a more serious note, while the White Pass & Yukon is pretty treacherous looking, I was under the impression that they actually had a pretty good safety record.
[-] The following 3 users Like Off The Rails's post:
  • , ripley802, Super
When the Pacific Electric system was around, they had a line into the California mountains.
I AM NOT DEAD. Just inactive. 
[-] The following 2 users Like ROKMAN1445's post:
  • Off The Rails, Super
(04-27-2017, 08:12 PM)ROKMAN1445 Wrote: When the Pacific Electric system was around, they had a line into the California mountains.

Yeah, apparently electric railways in the mountains of the US West Coast were a bit more common than I had ever realized. IIRC, one of the big Class 1 roads had extensive electric railways and supporting infrastructure, including a hydro power dam, in the Pacific Northwest.

I'm struck in this video with just how different the societal attitudes are. Many of the lines in North and South America are probably difficult or even treacherous to operate and maintain. But I'd imagine most folks here would rather ride the WP&Y or Tren a las Nubes than a regular commuter train in Bangladesh!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Off The Rails's post:
  • Super
I never realized they had Electric lines in the mountains of California.

Those passenger trains in India and Bangladesh with more people hanging on the outside than there are inside just floor me that it could be allowed and the number of deaths a year are unbelievable. That could never happen here in the States as half of those riders would be Lawyers waiting to make a buck.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Off The Rails
(04-28-2017, 04:04 AM)Super Wrote: I never realized they had Electric lines in the mountains of California.

I believe that it stayed up until the end of the Pacific Electric.
I AM NOT DEAD. Just inactive. 
[-] The following 2 users Like ROKMAN1445's post:
  • Off The Rails, Super