Latest Lego Releases Coming Soon...

16 Replies, 22416 Views

(09-02-2017, 12:32 AM)Nigels Wrote: I thought you'd have at least 3 by now AC!!! Big Grin Angel

I said we will see! Tongue
Evan Almighty and His Train Collection
[Image: banner12.jpg]
Seeing as the original Ultimate Collecter Series Millenium Falcon goes for 5-10K new on eBay I would just get the new one as an investment. Even though $800 is expensive I would Never take it out of the box, put it in some bubble wrap and let it collect dust and value. 10 years down te track it would make a great investment
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tharazero1's post:
  • Super
it will retail for $1500 over here. that would put both my motorbikes on the road for a year, and have loads leftover for trains and other lego. heck, i could about fly to canada and back for that!!

i do feel bad for the diehard star wars fans who are somehow going to have to find a way.
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 2 users Like sunhuntin's post:
  • fred16850, Super
(09-02-2017, 09:28 AM)sunhuntin Wrote: it will retail for $1500 over here. that would put both my motorbikes on the road for a year, and have loads leftover for trains and other lego. heck, i could about fly to canada and back for that!!

i do feel bad for the diehard star wars fans who are somehow going to have to find a way.

This is the real issue, myself I would love one of these as I do love star wars and I do love Lego, but seriously £649 is just way too much for a lego kit no matter how big or detailed it is. I just couldn't justify spending that sort of cash on a bunch of plastic bricks. Besides for that sort of money I would have expected it to have some motorised features (like rotating dish, raising/lowering ramp/undercarraige) or even some lighting. But no it is just a static (even though incredibly detailed) model.

The sad thing is the majority will probably end up like 'Tharazero1's description, purchased not because the buyer wants it, but purely as an investment, left wrapped in bubble wrap in a back bedroom to gather dust until its value increases. In some ways I hope that Lego makes a goodly number of them and has them for sale for the next 10 years or something to break this speculation racket so that they end up being bought by people who truly want it and will build it! Smile

BTW - @AC you know you mentioned the Saturn V rocket set? Well in my local Lego store they had them back in stock again at the normal retail price of £109 so might be worth checking out a USA store if you have one near you or indeed the online shop if you still after one...
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Nigels's post:
  • ActionChugger, Super
i have a feeling that so many will end up bubblewrapped, that the value wont go up overly much. sure, it will likely balloon immediately after release and sell out, same as every other highly desired set. once that initial "gotta have it" has faded, the price will settle and likely wont be much higher than retail.
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
Yeah I'm guessing that a lot of people will just leave it in the box and let it collect value. One of my friends from school had the original Ucs millennium falcon and didn't even know he had an absolute gem. I told him about it and the value of it and he was completely gobsmacked. The best thing is he only payed $400 for it
(09-03-2017, 03:26 AM)sunhuntin Wrote: i have a feeling that so many will end up bubblewrapped, that the value wont go up overly much. sure, it will likely balloon immediately after release and sell out, same as every other highly desired set. once that initial "gotta have it" has faded, the price will settle and likely wont be much higher than retail.

I'd like to think you're right, but based on the prices of the prior incarnation this may not happen and the price may well balloon and continue to do so on the 2nd hand market.

An interesting fact, following the credit crunch they reckon the best you would have earned on the stock market over a five year period was something in the region of about 8%. Whereas if you had invested your money in Lego sets five years later you would have been able to sell them and make 30%+ profit..

(09-03-2017, 04:32 AM)Tharazero1 Wrote: Yeah I'm guessing that a lot of people will just leave it in the box and let it collect value. One of my friends from school had the original Ucs millennium falcon and didn't even know he had an absolute gem. I told him about it and the value of it and he was completely gobsmacked. The best thing is he only payed $400 for it

If he's still got it he may want to sell it before the value plummets as its likely to do with the new version as it vastly outshines the old one and lets face it who is going to pay the 2nd market prices for the older variant when you could have the new one at retail Smile
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 09-03-2017, 04:17 PM by Nigels.)