G Scale Thomas

8 Replies, 11979 Views

Saw this video on a feed recently and thought it was rather cool, so I thought I'd share it with you guys Smile

Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Nigels's post:
  • ROKMAN1445, sunhuntin
This one has been out for a while as well as Emily and Percy. G scale diesel was also announced to come out this year as well
(This post was last modified: 06-17-2017, 12:30 PM by Super.)
I know the model has been around for ages, but this is the first video I've seen, but there again I don't spend my life trolling around utube Smile

If you've seen the videos already why didn't you share them with the rest of us?
(06-17-2017, 09:46 AM)Nigels Wrote: I know the model has been around for ages, but this is the first video I've seen, but there again I don't spend my life trolling around utube Smile

If you've seen the videos already why didn't you share them with the rest of us?

I just didn't, don't think people would've found it interesting and most people already know about it
(06-17-2017, 12:51 PM)Tharazero1 Wrote: I just didn't, don't think people would've found it interesting and most people already know about it

You'd be surprised quite a few people here have interests over and above just Tomy/Trackmaster, besides it always pays to look at the wider world, you never know what you may find Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Nigels's post:
  • Super, Tharazero1
i was sorely tempted by an emily a few years ago. seller had a stall at my clubs show, and had the n scale as well. it baffled me at the time there wasnt much difference in the price, lol.

thanks for sharing, nigels. Smile
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 1 user Likes sunhuntin's post:
  • Super
(06-18-2017, 02:12 AM)sunhuntin Wrote: i was sorely tempted by an emily a few years ago. seller had a stall at my clubs show, and had the n scale as well. it baffled me at the time there wasnt much difference in the price, lol.

thanks for sharing, nigels. Smile

Yeah that's always puzzled me how N gauge can often be even more expensive than HO/OO or G scale, I always thought that maybe it was because they sell less of them or something. But who knows Smile

I have to admit I am sorely tempted to go G scale and build a layout in my garden, the only thing that worries me a bit with the Bachman is that it looks like it uses metal 'live' rails. I don't mean in terms of getting a shock or anything, but more the amount of corrosion and cleaning it would need, doubly so as I live near the coast and you have salt air to worry about!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
(06-18-2017, 05:09 PM)Nigels Wrote: I have to admit I am sorely tempted to go G scale and build a layout in my garden,
Sounds like lots of fun...DO IT!...DO IT!...DO IT! [Image: nodding-yes-by-a-very-happy-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
i think the cost is reflected in the high level of detail, and at N scale, that would be much harder to achieve. plus, both of those scales would likely require new moulds as most HO stuff is the same as that used on other models, just a different color. its almost like those two sizes would be a "once and done" situation, where there wasnt much use for the moulds outside of the thomas range.

no idea if this is accurate, just my musings. Big Grin

yes, you would likely have trouble with the salt air getting into the tracks. maybe ask around and see if anyone else in your town has something similar, and how do they get on?
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 1 user Likes sunhuntin's post:
  • Super