World’s first virtual train track unveiled

3 Replies, 4733 Views

World’s first virtual train track unveiled in central China

Not sure if I want this next to me driving 70mph. It just looks like too many chances for something to go wrong. For example: what if some cars next to it have a collision on bounce into this train pushing it off its 'Virtual Track"?

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Steering wheel needs alignment lol
Evan Almighty and His Train Collection
[Image: banner12.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes ActionChugger's post:
  • Super
this is really cool
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tharazero1's post:
  • Super
I have mixed feelings about this, it looks like a super tram [Image: Sheffield%20105%20Castle%20Square%20090212g-M.jpg] but obviously without the overhead wires and tracks. Id love to see one, but I can't help but wonder what is the point is in virtual track, if it's going to use the road anyway, surely it would be better to just give it the freedom of the road rather than restricting it to a predefined route. That way it could overtake, choose alternative routes when there are road works and even be used in different areas. In fact the more I think about it, isn't this an updated bendy bus (which runs on electric?)

Like the bendy buses that used to be on the roads years ago?
[Image: bendy_1832247i.jpg]

And if you were choosing a power source for a public service vehicle, maybe electric isn't the best choice, after every return trip it would have to recharge?
(This post was last modified: 06-20-2017, 08:55 PM by Tramp.)
[-] The following 3 users Like Tramp's post:
  • fred16850, Super, Tharazero1