Musical Thomas

9 Replies, 12968 Views

Anyone have it? Can someone post a video of it? I'd like to see how it sounds...
[-] The following 3 users Like Jaytrain1's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super, Ucwepn
(06-27-2017, 02:55 AM)Jaytrain1 Wrote: Anyone have it? Can someone post a video of it? I'd like to see how it sounds...

Is there a specific Thomas model that you are taking about?
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes MuddyPoppins's post:
  • Super
(06-27-2017, 02:55 AM)Jaytrain1 Wrote: Anyone have it? Can someone post a video of it? I'd like to see how it sounds...

If its the old Tomica Talk n action Thomas there are plenty on youtube. Muddy has a video of the Japan, England and American Versions here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWZ2UkBRMSM
If its the 2004 Japanese one muddy also has a video of that here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ilR0NeJZVo
[-] The following 2 users Like Tharazero1's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
My guess is that since Jaytrain Posted here in the Ertl Forum that they are referring to a Ertl Thomas but that is just my guess. Is there such a thing?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
This:

[Image: latest?cb=20150508125139]
[-] The following 5 users Like Jaytrain1's post:
  • DalaGStanator, fred16850, MuddyPoppins, Super, TheDiamondDalek
That looks cool, I also would be interested in hearing more. Are you sure it was actually released? All my efforts to search for info only came up with this same picture.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • DalaGStanator
It was indeed released. TomTomica owned one, and it was seen and heard in one of his collection videos. It played a chiptune arrangement of the original (S1-S7) theme tune whenever the front wheels touched the ground (as described on the card in the image). I believe it sounded like one of those "Happy Birthday" candles.
[-] The following 5 users Like DalaGStanator's post:
  • fred16850, mod thana, MuddyPoppins, Super, Tharazero1
Thanks DalaG Smile
I saw one for sale with a moving Fat Controller a while back
[-] The following 2 users Like StarSwitcher07's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super
Update: an all new demo recently wound up on Twitter, courtesy of PocketRocket. Now that I've heard it more clearly than in TomTomica's aforementioned video (when his channel was up), it sounds very close to Mindstorms RCX/NXT notes or another such soundchip. You'll have to turn up the volume due to how quiet he is, though.
(This post was last modified: 10-29-2023, 02:56 PM by DalaGStanator.)