show layout

25 Replies, 17403 Views

Ooh Lego! Big Grin

You will have to click on the picture to enlarge, then right click to "Copy Image Location", then attach via insert image on here.

[Image: EJaqtOo.jpg]
Evan Almighty and His Train Collection
[Image: banner12.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 10-02-2017, 12:32 AM by ActionChugger.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes ActionChugger's post:
  • Tharazero1
How were you able to connect one track on one side of the double track to the other side? Does this involve "bending" the track, Wooden Railway style?

(This post was last modified: 10-03-2017, 12:05 PM by Super.)
no bending needed. its just a trick of the eye. the uphill will start say from the left side of the double track, and reconnect on the right. mean time, the right hand next to the uphill goes under the girders, loops around in front of the bridge, under the girders on the other side and reconnects with the left side of the double track.

i like doing this as it confuses kids quite a bit, and i can usually work a way to have two trains running.

[Image: Jo9mCIL.jpg]
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 3 users Like sunhuntin's post:
  • ActionChugger, Nigels, Tharazero1
Certainly fooled me! I like having layouts with loads of points, that way, i can implement as many gimmicks as i like.
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2017, 01:17 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 2 users Like MunchJrTrains's post:
  • sunhuntin, Super
i dont mind points, but for a display, i like things to be as automated as possible, requiring little to no input from me or anyone else. i will use auto points if i can make them fit. being so much bulkier, they can be hard to cram in.

sometimes i make use of the auto transfer station to achieve the same result as above, but allows for two trains. only issue with that is people think the one being held at the station is stuck, and give it a shove to help. always causes head-ons.
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 1 user Likes sunhuntin's post:
  • Super
Great work sun, I love those live steam engines, I would love to have the time to make a real live working engine, I have the utter most respect to these people who can invest the time and skill to make something like these. Maybe when I'm older and my children have grown up I'll have the time to have a go!

Your layout is great, I like compact layouts. I bet the transfer station really adds something to tracks like this. I know that when I do videos I like to have one clip that runs from left to right, then one clip from right to left, I assume the symmetry increases the appeal,
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tramp's post:
  • Super