show layout

25 Replies, 17292 Views

Sun, that is way too cool! The big double spiral leading to the bridge is especially impressive.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Off The Rails's post:
  • sunhuntin
Good layout sun, do you ever think of making something more permanent? Like glueing the bits down to a baseboard? Or do you prefer the challenge of a new layout each show?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tramp's post:
  • sunhuntin
To make it more attractive you should consider using the motorize vehicles su ch as bertie bulgy to run tomy road tracks
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • sunhuntin
thanks, guys.

super, yes, first time using these buildings and road in a display at all. previously, they had been opened, photographed for the site, and then boxed back up and put away.

OTR, thanks. not often i build spirals, so it takes me longer than normal to work out the levels.

permanent would be nice, tramp, but i kind of like that i can promote it as a brand new design, every time.

leyland, i was going to do that, but when i decided to stick to japan stuff, that dictated no thomas vehicles either. i do have a couple of battery tomica trucks, but they take an oddball size battery.

i have since decided to use the plarail kids tshirts i got a few years ago, and sort of string them up to my table cloth. hopefully will look halfway decent.
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
(This post was last modified: 09-24-2017, 02:42 AM by sunhuntin.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes sunhuntin's post:
  • Super
(09-24-2017, 02:39 AM)sunhuntin Wrote: i have since decided to use the plarail kids tshirts i got a few years ago, and sort of string them up to my table cloth. hopefully will look halfway decent.

What a great idea, can't wait to see that.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • sunhuntin
set up is done, the layout had to shrink down quite a bit. the table wasnt wide enough, so i had to cut down the second loop unfortunately. still happy with it, and set up didnt take as long as i expected.

will try and remember to get more photos over the weekend. doors open tomorrow at 10, but most of us will be there at 8 finishing up.

[-] The following 4 users Like sunhuntin's post:
  • ActionChugger, bollard, Cloudman, Super
Looks great Sunhuntin and love those T-Shirts. Look forward to some close up pictures.
thanks, super. will upload close ups on monday. i did take some yesterday, but when it came to uploading here, i was too tired and was misspelling every other word, lol.

hopefully i remember to take photos this weekend. completely forgot at the last show.
[-] The following 1 user Likes sunhuntin's post:
  • Super
the show is over, finally, and it was a huge success. we had hundreds of people through over the two days, including one boy who i was told was awake at 2am wanting to come, lol.
comments from the public and from visiting exhibitors were very positive, with many of the visitors keen to come back next time.
more photos here, as always. http://sunstomyandfriends.weebly.com/2017-expo.html

my plarail layout. the bridge has letter candles on it, spelling out plarail and tomy.
[Image: azGLGuv.jpg]

the big loaders. these were a bigger drawcard than the layout, so next time they will go along the front so people can see them better.
[Image: DoY11zl.jpg]

my tomix layout. blair borrowed it run his narrow gauge skarloey and rolling stock. he also ran my stuff now and then.
[Image: sYCEO5j.jpg]

this display was next to mine. it was like a slot car set, but it had trucks. each junction, the truck would reverse in and trigger a different action: loading logs, picking up cars in a transporter, making an aeroplane fly, even sending out a fire engine with flashing lights.
[Image: j2A6W7s.jpg]

my friends little girl looking at the hornby O gauge. she was, in his words, a blowfly in a bottle. she didnt know where to look, and bounced from display to display, not knowing where to look.
[Image: 0zrKXQi.jpg]

this came down to visit, owned by a friend of both clubs. i believe the steam boat belonged to his late son. he had to move the boat to get the traction engine out, and then couldnt be bothered putting the boat back in, so brought it along
[Image: SWYweyb.jpg]

this is butch. it was built by club members back around 1960, and is now owned by a member of steamrail.
[Image: 8HnlpKg.jpg]

these also trundled up and down, giving rides to people.
[Image: qQHpARq.jpg]

hamish had his lego technics on display, and even started a live build. not sure if he finished or not. one he also took for walks through the big hall.
[Image: EJaqtOo.jpg]

hopefully this works! thanks, AC.
(This post was last modified: 10-02-2017, 02:38 AM by sunhuntin.)
Fantastic Sunhuntin

Those steam tractors are might cool.

I have not used Imgur before, do they have a 'Share' button to click on to get different Links based on where you are Posting your images?