Hornby Junior

3 Replies, 3780 Views

There was some mention some months back about the new Hornby 'Junior' range that was imminent.

Well its now been launched with a price point of £39.99 which I think is eminently nicely priced and not just for the juniors among us.

Here's a video if you want to see more of it;

Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Nigels's post:
  • fred16850, Super
That is a pretty nice set to get children interested in railroading. I wonder if they plan on making expansion sets with points and such and how sturdy those rail connectors are? Do these take multiple C sized battery's, AA's?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
I wonder if they will still keep their Hornby RailRoad line for more intermediate fans of model railroading...
[-] The following 1 user Likes fred16850's post:
  • Super
Hi Fred, they are still committed to their existing railroad range and I don't see that going anywhere as that is their main source of income apart from Scaletrix. This is really an attempt to get kids interested when they are young in the hope they grow into the main range I would think.

As for the batteries super? I would imagine they are probably AA's or AAA's because the train is OO gauge which would make them too small for C's to fit comfortably. The nice thing is if you wanted to you should be able to upgrade the track to proper Hornby OO (or an HO gauge) track and run the battery loco on it which gives you an upgrade path of sorts...
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super