My Mini James Collection + Help identifying this James

9 Replies, 10460 Views

Hey all! I decided to finally get some shots of my collection (Which can all fit in one drawer and a crate, most of my TOMY Trains and Track are on loan to my friend) Here are some pictures of my James collection!

(I do have Take-Along James, but i can't find him at this very moment)

[Image: James-1_1.jpg]

Three James' just chillin' out. late Take n' Play, Capsule Plarail, and some other James.

[Image: James-1_2.jpg]

Close up of the late Take n' Play James. My teacher got me this for Secret Santa because he saw that i loved trains. Pretty cool.

[Image: James-1_3.jpg]

Close Up of Capsule Plarail James (W/ Red Wheels) One of my favorite James', and the result of a splurge i had at a Wet n' Wild Gatcha machine in Oz way back in 2014. I only got an Oil Tanker, Clarabel, some track, and James

[Image: James-1_4.jpg]

A mysterious James that was always perched on my kitchen window overlooking my sink. Tons of water damage on the sides, and few printing remains. The bottom reads "Gullane (Thomas) Limited 2002" and it's a TOMY brand, made in china. If anyone could identify this James, i'd be really thankful.
[-] The following 3 users Like MunchJrTrains's post:
  • Aresedale productions, Super, Tharazero1
Collection looks good Munch
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Thanks Super! Do you by chance have any clues or ideas as to what that little James could be?
I am not that knowledgeable about the Thomas trains but maybe another member recognizes or has an idea as to what it is. I can't tell size in that picture but just upon looking at him my guess would be that its a cake topper or party favor.
I think the little James came from a Gacha capsule machine in a series of about six engines in that fashion.
[-] The following 1 user Likes jdogman's post:
  • Super
i agree with jdog. a friend of mine has similar in his model train room, and he said they all came from capsule machines. i sometimes get things like that in bags of toys at thrift stores.
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 1 user Likes sunhuntin's post:
  • Super
(10-12-2017, 09:13 AM)Super Wrote: I can't tell size in that picture

Here's a scale comparison with my TOMY Log Truck
[Image: IMG_4253.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes MunchJrTrains's post:
  • WoodWheel92
Even though Jdog and Sun had the right answer, now looking at his size he could also be used on top of a special Birthday Cake for sure.
Cool collection munch
You Know Your Keeping It Real When Your Working With Steel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nice comparison of different types of models of James there Munch Smile
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin